Talk

Advanced search

Big stick day again!!

(32 Posts)
booyhohoho Wed 01-Dec-10 10:40:45

who is beating me today? and who is joining me?

i am doing the living room so we can put the decorations up when ds gets home from school. I'm starting at 11.

Serendippy Wed 01-Dec-10 15:51:01

Consider yourself beaten, if a little belatedly. In return, please tell me how to get my draining board clean as nobody is answering my boring thread grin

Enjoy your decorating, I wanted to do mine today but too icy to go out and buy a tree sad

booyhohoho Wed 01-Dec-10 16:16:21

aww, thank you serendippy. i feel bad now. i did nothing. but we will put the tree up anyway and i will clean properly tomorrow when ds goes to school. thank you for teh whack. what's on your draining board?

Serendippy Wed 01-Dec-10 16:19:07

Just a bit scaly, have tried lots of posh cleaning products but still marks. Want to clean it so I feel I have done something productive today. (Could clean something else but am determined to beat the draining board)

InkyStamp Wed 01-Dec-10 16:20:26

Cillit Bang grime and lime cleaner works for me!

BudaisintheZONE Wed 01-Dec-10 16:20:40

I find Cif cream the best for my draining board.

Will be joining you in sorting our living room tomorrow. Want to declutter so that can start thinking about decorations at weekend although we won't do the tree till the following weekend.

booyhohoho Wed 01-Dec-10 16:25:37

yes i would use cif cream aswell. or you could tru soaking it in white vinegar.

Serendippy Wed 01-Dec-10 16:36:26

Have tried cillit band and cif cream cleaner. It is buggered. Maybe will just give up. Will brown vinegar do?

booyhohoho, get back on here tomorrow morning for your kick up the arse [gin]

Serendippy Wed 01-Dec-10 16:36:43

grin Actually, maybe gin is a better idea!

booyhohoho Wed 01-Dec-10 16:44:42

I'll have the gin first and then i wont feel the kick up the arse grin

booyhohoho Wed 01-Dec-10 16:46:56

have you any lemon juice?

booyhohoho Wed 01-Dec-10 16:47:18

for the limescale i mean, not the Gin hmm

Serendippy Wed 01-Dec-10 16:47:55

Yes, I have lemon juice! What do I do with it?

<stops self halfway through pouring lemon juice into gin>

booyhohoho Wed 01-Dec-10 16:49:37

em, i think just pour it on and scrub. might help if you let it soak in for a while.

hang on, I'm just going to look at my book of tricks to see if tehre is anything else you can do,.

Serendippy Wed 01-Dec-10 16:51:40

Thanks! I keep seeing things about lemon juice, vinegar and bicarb but seems like witchcraft to me.

booyhohoho Wed 01-Dec-10 16:52:58

brown vinegar might work. never tried it. if you have any bicarb, mix some with the lemon juice or vinegar and put it on teh limescale liek a paste and let it sit for a while, maybe half an hour, then use an old toothbrush or scrubbing brush to get it off.

booyhohoho Wed 01-Dec-10 16:53:46

ha, i have both, a handbook for all teh uses of vinegar and one for bicarb. i am sad.

Serendippy Wed 01-Dec-10 16:54:02

Will do. Will report back when I come to kick you tomorrow wink

MickyLee Wed 01-Dec-10 17:08:25

Can I join you tomorrow? Need a good clean too

booyhohoho Wed 01-Dec-10 17:09:23

yes, please do join us, it's all the more pressure support for me to clean. grin

MickyLee Wed 01-Dec-10 17:37:32

Thank you.

So tomorrows list is-

Sort out DC's room and bag up any toys they never play with.
Clean DC's room
Tidy up clutter sitting in kitchen
Wipe out cuboards in kitchen
Remove and sort out clutter from living room
Pull out sofas in living room and clean inches deep of dust from under them
Clean furniture in living room
Vac and mop through

booyhohoho Wed 01-Dec-10 20:02:46

Tree is UP!!!!! grin

but living room is still a tip and other decs have to go up so early morning for me.

mickylee, you have a busy day aswell!! what time you clocking on at?

MickyLee Thu 02-Dec-10 03:59:50

It is 5.55 here and been up half an hour already. DH had to get up extra early this morning to take someone to the airport and DS woke up

So do I go back to bed when DS goes back to sleep or crack on with my day???

Hmm hmm

booyhohoho Thu 02-Dec-10 19:01:07

oh mickey. taht is a really early start you had. i would have taken ds to bed with me. as it happened, i got up at 7 and looked out at all the frozen snow, pictured me, ds1 and ds2 in teh buggy sliding onto pur arses and i got back into bed, rang teh school later and tehy said hardly any had turned up anyway. so i had a bit of a lie in. but i got teh living room done. i seem to have fewer decorations every year hmm but it's all done and now teh dcs have just gone to bed. going to have a cuppa and watch my soaps.

did you get all your chores done?

serendippy, how did you get on with the limescale?

ABudafulSightWereHappyTonight Fri 03-Dec-10 07:34:20

Hello!

That was an early start MickyLee. What did you do?

Well i didn't do the sorting out but I did make another Xmas cake and wrap most of DS's presents. And put Xmas music on while I was doing it all. Was nice till sodding dog escaped and I had to go rescue the stupid mutt. Still 5 presents left to wrap for him which I will do tomorrow morning while he is at football.

Having a snow day here too. We are in Budapest and the city doesn't come to a stop for snow but DH said the roads up by us are quite slippy (we are up in the hills) and it has been snowing steadily since he left so I have decided we will stay home.

Planning today to sort out some of DS's toys for an appeal at school for the children in the village here in Hungary that was destroyed by the toxic sludge a few months ago. Also have a pile of ironing to do as my iron died on Wednesday just as the cleaner was about to start it all! Bought a new one yesterday. Will also declutter the piles of magazines from around the living room and hunt out all the Xmas lights to put up. Not doing tree till next week though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: