Talk

Advanced search

Self Cleaning Oven? My A***!

(3 Posts)
CeliaChristmasFate Sun 28-Nov-10 11:30:56

My oven is FILTHY. Not just a bit dirty and will come up clean with a good scrub. It's Kim and Aggie dirty blush. How can I clean it? Self cleaning ovens can't be cleaned with caustic products and everything I pick up says "Not suitable for self cleaning ovens." What can I do? (I can't hire a professional to do it either as we're trying to save money!)

wingandprayer Sun 28-Nov-10 11:32:39

Watching this with interest as my supposedly sefl cleaning over also bloody filthy. I was about to Oven Pride it and stuff the consequences...

JetLi Sun 28-Nov-10 18:36:59

Mine has self cleaning liners - the self cleaning bits are rough textured on mine & are only on the side "walls".
The bottom is disgusting black enamelled (& should be shiny) so I just confine the oven cleaning products to the bottom. Do yours sounds similar?

For the "self cleaning" bit I'm meant to whack the oven on full temp for 30 minutes & then switch it off. Then I should merely sweep away the debris from the oven floor where it will have miraculously accumulated. Self cleaning, my arse indeed hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now