Talk

Advanced search

Top shelf of my dishwasher

(8 Posts)
gregssausageroll Sun 28-Nov-10 11:22:25

Isn't getting properly clean. There is a sort of gravelly residue left over everything. Bottom self is ok.

Have cleaned the filter. Any other suggestions?

vinorosado Sun 28-Nov-10 11:26:54

watching with interest... I have the same problem and it is driving me mad. Have used expensive tablets, cleaned filter, run the dishwasher empty... everything comes out more dirty than it goes in.

DaisySteiner Sun 28-Nov-10 12:07:00

Make sure the holes in the arm are clean and not blocked up.

gregssausageroll Sun 28-Nov-10 13:00:41

Have cleaned it so giving the stuff another wash. Thanks.

RiojaLover75 Sun 28-Nov-10 13:03:56

The only way I have found to avoid the residue on the stuff in the top basket is to NEVER put anything in the corners of the top basket. So you lose a bit of capacity but the stuff that's in there does get clean grin

CeliaChristmasFate Sun 28-Nov-10 16:33:12

Run the machine empty on the hottest cycle with a cup of vinegar.

nameymcnamechange Sun 28-Nov-10 16:37:41

Its the rotating arm spraying thingy that whizzes round underneath the top shelf. The holes get blocked with limescale and water doesn't spray out of them. Clean that out, run an empty hot wash with dishwasher cleaner or citric acid, make sure salt and rinseaid compartments are topped up (even if you use the multi tabs). It will be fine.

vinorosado Sun 28-Nov-10 17:29:20

ah ha! thank you namey - your diagonis was correct and solution has worked a treat! (sorry for hijack)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now