Talk

Advanced search

best time saving tips please.............

(8 Posts)
linconlass Thu 25-Nov-10 12:37:42

I work part time but also do 2 cleaning jobs on days off to make end meet.I clean for a morning a week at home. The housework builds up and in evening i dont really want to be whizing round as like to have family hang out time.I cook fresh each teatime and order food on line .tips for things like regular jobs as well as jobs that build up- but forget !- eg oven and cutlerty draw wd be fab please!!

linconlass Thu 25-Nov-10 21:34:15

anyone .....?

WherecanIhide Thu 25-Nov-10 21:49:19

Sorry, no

Appletrees Thu 25-Nov-10 21:58:11

Never leave a room empty handed.

Double on cooking and freeze half.

Iron fifteen mins at a time and don't leave big pile.

QueenofWhatever Fri 26-Nov-10 09:51:17

Sounds trite, but having less stuff makes a real difference.

A slow cooker, batch cooking, eating out of the freezer twice a week.

I'm intrigued as to what you do with your cutlery drawer.

div22c Fri 26-Nov-10 14:44:33

If you use alot of vegetables in your cooking, buy prepared fresh veg (or even frozen). I find the cost difference isnt much but I do save alot of time.

linconlass Fri 26-Nov-10 17:34:32

Queen - i dont do much with my cutlery drewer - but i should - it seems to attrach debris !!!

elsiemarley Fri 26-Nov-10 18:02:50

Definitely second having less stuff (less cutlery draw stuff worth a go?) I had a clear out a while ago, the draw was rammed and most of it was stuff I didn't use.

I keep my ironing board up in the spare room (not as decadent as it sounds, no mansion here unfortunately)and have a tub (near the ironong board) for each memeber of the family where clothes are flung when I have no time to iron or put away so at least when we are slack we can dress....and I only buy plain black socks (dull dull dull) but I hate having to faff about matching them up.

I have a mug cull every now and again too, it seems that we are capable of using every last one...drives me mad, so a few make thier way off to the charity shop every now and again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now