Talk

Advanced search

8kg washing machine

(8 Posts)
BoBoo Tue 23-Nov-10 13:09:24

So we're about to move house and won't have a washing machine in the new one so will have to invest in my first. Have 2 dds and seem to be constantly washing so thought it would be a good idea to get one with a capacity of 8kg or more and then hopefully can bung the duvets in as well.

Can anyone recommend a good one and a not too horrendous price?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 23-Nov-10 22:58:03

This looks good, is a reasonable price and is well-reviewed. There are bigger, 9kg or even 11kg machines, but you're over £400 (and up to £670!) at that point.

cupofcoffee Wed 24-Nov-10 09:54:50

I have one of these

Seems to do the job. It is 9kg.

Chatelaine Thu 25-Nov-10 15:17:42

Have a carefully measure up of where it is to be installed e.g. under work surface, as the 8/9kg machines have bigger overall dimensions and may not fit into the vacant space if the people leaving are taking their appliance.

booyhoo Thu 25-Nov-10 15:19:59

i have an 8kg bosch. it is pretty good but huffs with me when i overload and either wont start teh programme or if it does it doesn't get all the water out of teh clothes so i have to take half teh clotehs out and spin again.

booyhoo Thu 25-Nov-10 15:21:33

mine was just under £600.

welshandproud Thu 25-Nov-10 15:31:04

I have an 8kg Hotpoint Aqualtis. It's a washer dryer and i love it to bits! I have 4 DC so plenty of washing to keep it busy. I usually get away with only putting it on 5/6 times a week.It has a drying capacity of 4kg. I think it was around about the 500 quid mark but worth every penny.It is also extemely quiet.Its about 18 months old now.

cupofcoffee Thu 25-Nov-10 19:48:35

My 9kg machine fits in a standard washing machine space as the external dimensions are the same as a 5kg one, it's just the drum that is bigger. I did see a 10kg one though that was bigger externally as well so it is worth checking the measurements of the machine and space to make sure.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: