Talk

Advanced search

oh fuck guess what stupid thing I have done...!!

(11 Posts)
OnlyWantsOne Mon 22-Nov-10 18:59:56

Wanted to wash skip hop changing bag, and some one suggested on other thread putting itin washing machine with pillow case.

I did.

But it still has the bloody feather pillow in it!!!!!!!!

HystericalMe Mon 22-Nov-10 19:06:15

shock

OnlyWantsOne Mon 22-Nov-10 19:10:41

what will die first, the washing machine or the pillow?

trumpton Tue 23-Nov-10 07:05:57

Should be ok...ducks get wet don't they? But seriously dry and fluff, and fluff, and fluff....voila clean pillow.

gorionine Tue 23-Nov-10 07:15:03

I did wash a feather pillow once it did not break anything but dry it really thoroughly (if you do not own a tumble direr dry it in a launderette) or it will stink horribly. you can add a couple of tennis balls in the drier to fluff it as it dries.

DuffyMoon Tue 23-Nov-10 07:21:18

I have feather pillows which I wash all the time....am I not supposed to confused they are always fine though

TheProvincialLady Tue 23-Nov-10 07:26:29

I wash and dry my feather pillows all the time. The smell whilst drying is horrible but you do need to dry them.

OnlyWantsOne Tue 23-Nov-10 09:33:37

its lovely and soft now grin im very happy axctually

thisisyesterday Tue 23-Nov-10 09:35:19

lol was going to say... it will be fine! feather pillows and duvets are machine washable

word of warning tho, they do tend to really stink unless you dry them quickly. come up beautifully in a tumble dryer tho!

OnlyWantsOne Tue 23-Nov-10 09:37:57

I have put it on my heated airer in airing cupboard, will check on it at lunch if still not dry will try and work out how to put tuble dryer on (in washing machine have never used it!!)

CeliaFate Tue 23-Nov-10 11:06:35

I wouldn't bother tumble drying in a washer/drier as they work on steam and don't dry thoroughly IMHO. I'd take it to a launderette and tumble dry it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: