Talk

Advanced search

How often do you REALLY clean??

(10 Posts)
mosschops30 Mon 22-Nov-10 11:35:54

Just interested because cleaning my house normallt takes about 3 hours, I'll dust and hoover, clean the bathroom and clean the kitchen floor and thats about it.

But this weekend I went a bit mad and moved all the moveable furniture, hoovered round all the skirtings, all the ceilings, dusted all skirtings and top of door frames.
All in all took me about 7 hours shock

And I thought 'is this how normal people clean'

So am I just a lazy arse who nevers cleans properly, because I havent cleaned like that for as long as I can remember or do you all just do the basics with the odd spring clean thrown in

WowOoo Mon 22-Nov-10 11:38:04

Every three months ish I do a mega clean.

Everytime the saeson changes basically or if I want to rearrange the furniture.

Otherwise it's jusst keeping on top of everything and the day to day week to week basics in this house.

AMumInScotland Mon 22-Nov-10 11:42:06

I only move furniture to hoover under it maybe 2 or 3 times in a year, unless I happen to be moving it anyway when I always take the chance. I flick a duster at the bits of skirting I can see any time I dust, which admittedly is not that often.... And at the corners of the ceiling when I notice cobwebs...

I can't recall when I last did the top of a door frame - if I noticed one I'd probably do it then....

mosschops30 Mon 22-Nov-10 11:56:29

oh dear, i certainly dont do it 3 monthly (maybe 3 yearly blush i do 'clean' every week but not like that.

My house feels lush though grin

WowOoo Mon 22-Nov-10 12:15:26

But did I mention it's a mega clean of ONE room?!! grin

Get help with it too. I'm not breaking my back for a few cobwebs.....

I hoover the ceilings (high) and some corners with special extending attachment thingies and a duster. Get ds1 to hold vacuum high in air for me to help.

It's nice to know the dust and much is not there. Even if some people wouldn't know or care it's not there anyway.

WowOoo Mon 22-Nov-10 12:16:54

Ignore last line. Makes no sense. Mean that even though I can't see it, it bothers me. Whereas dh fails to be bothered by anything like dust.

Emjxxx Mon 22-Nov-10 12:54:29

My house always feels like a tip and I clean everyday.

I sweep and clean living room, hallway, kitchen, dining room and bathroom floors everyday, I hoover stairs every other day. I clean the toilet about 3 times a day and clean the bath out everyday. I give the whole bathroom a good clean once a week (including skirtings and doors). I clean the kitchen work tops everyday and then once a week give the whole kitchen a good clean and that includes the oven and microwave. I pull out the oven as well to clean underneath it, but that's only because I seem to have a really small oven for the gap and things fall down the sides! I pull out sofas and sideboards about twice a month, sometimes more if the kids have been a bit messy with cakes and drinks etc and I clean all the doors and skirtings about twice a month.

It all drives me mad that I do all that work yet my house continues to look like a bomb has hit it and I'm not just saying that, it really really does it makes me sad

mosschops30 Mon 22-Nov-10 13:33:02

my god em how do you have time for anything else. Do you work? I just wouldnt have the time or the energy for all that, i only cleaned on saturday because I did a 12 hour night shift on friday and was too lazy to get dressed and go out smile

Emjxxx Mon 22-Nov-10 13:46:03

no I don't work I'm a SAHM, DD 13, DS1 6 and DS2 19 months and DP! I'm used to being very busy, when I was working I was also studying, but last year we lost our business and I have had several health problems too so for the first time am a SAHM and I think I clean because I have nothing else to do.

Bonsoir Mon 22-Nov-10 13:47:35

mosschops30 - buy one of those yellow tassled microfibre duster-mop things on a long extendable handle. Makes dusting (inc ceilings and tops of doors) very easy and quick!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: