Talk

Advanced search

Best bagless vacuum cleaner for dog hair and intensive use

(8 Posts)
MrsJohnDeere Sun 21-Nov-10 10:09:22

To be used mainly on tiles, laminate and carpet. Needs to be be able to cope with vast quantities of mud, dog hair, dust, and general child mess.

Present Dyson has died after 5 years of excellent service under very trying conditions. Happy to have the same again but wondering about trying something new to add a small spark of excitement to a very dull week.

I want a bagless one because we make so much mess that it would cost me a small fortune in replacement bags.

lucy101 Sun 21-Nov-10 10:11:15

Have you seen this thread:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/household_goods_chat/1087857- Miele-cat-dog-cylinder-v-Dyson-upright-discuss

and there is another older thread mentioned in that thread.....

MrsJohnDeere Sun 21-Nov-10 10:27:32

Thanks for that.

Really need some convincing to go with the Miele though, however good it is, as I reckon I'd need a pack of bags (£10 ish) per week.

Wondering about other brands - Electrolux?

lucy101 Sun 21-Nov-10 18:23:30

I am a Henry (actually Hetty) user - wouldn't use anything else now - there is a very good reason builders use them to clean up!

Ne11 Sun 21-Nov-10 21:07:01

Get a Sebo. Not as expensive as a Miele but really easy to use and very effective.

sunnylabsmum Sun 21-Nov-10 21:18:57

Having had a dyson and a miele and now a sebo alongside usual family life and a labrador, my view is that the bag type cleaners are better and they do last quite a long time. I took some convincing on this as I thought that the dyson would be cheaper but when you add up the filters and stuff I think its broadly similar. In my opinion, the SEBO is the best. I found it picks up dog fur much better than the Miele.
PS Bags can be picked up quite cheaply online...my sebo arrived last december and I'm still on my first pack of 10 bags.

amazonianwoman Mon 22-Nov-10 21:04:37

I love my Dyson DC32 animal grin

I don't like the idea of bagged vacuums.

Ours does a fantastic job - mud from dog's paws (not a shedding dog, but a very muddy one), 2 cats (shed endlessly) and mess from 2 children.

We have carpets (pale beige hmm), wooden floors and tiles.

Tis fab - I'd definitely recommend it. I got £75 off at Currys by trading in my 12 year old Dyson.

JaxTellersOldLady Mon 22-Nov-10 21:08:14

I second amazonianwoman My Dyson animal is amazing. It removes dog hair, cat hair, kids mess, lego hairscrunchies mud and general yuk from my carpets, wood floor and tiles.

I love it, although it is heavy. Considering getting a small Miele/Sebo for upstairs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now