Talk

Advanced search

What kind of pots n pans

(3 Posts)
TracyK Tue 16-Nov-10 13:19:10

I desp need to replace my knackered Asda own frying pans etc.

Have been tempted by Le Creuset - but am put off with the ££ and weight!

I do a lot of omlettes, pasta sauces, curries etc. So maybe a saute pan or the like??

Which would I get most use out of.

haggis01 Tue 16-Nov-10 14:39:41

I found Creuset too heavy , especially the large ones. I bought some Tefal ones instead - I generally have to replace them every 3 years or so as they tend to lose their stick but they are a lot cheaper than my unused creuset frying pans and are really really easy to clean. I also a have a carbon steel frypan with a metal handle that is great for frittatas etc that need to fo from hob to oven - I bought it in John Lewis but have been unable to buy anymore as they have discontinued them - they can be bought in commercial kitchenware shops if you live near one - they are also great, light and easy to clean

TracyK Tue 16-Nov-10 15:49:45

I was on a cookery demo at the weekend and the prof chef said the Le Creuset shallow dish (I think some kind of casseroley type) - would be the best thing I could ever buy - but I think it would be about £90!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now