Talk

Advanced search

how do I get rid of the smell of sick??

(7 Posts)
GrumpyGit Sat 13-Nov-10 20:54:20

Someone on MN will know, I'm sure - certainly one of you people with ultra-clean houses who lurks on Good housekeeping!

Long story as short as I can; ds2 was sick in his cot, went everywhere, him, sleeping bag, sheets, carpet, dripped down the wooden slats, round the sides of the mattress protector, onto the base of the cot, over the walls, skirting board, everywhere.

Sorry, you weren't eating were you?! Anyway,
I've done all the cleaning I can think of - washed all bedding, disinfectant sprayed the walls, used the carpet cleaner (you know, vax thingy which pumps soapy water into the carpet & sucks it out again), tried the upholstery thingy on the cot mattress (but this totally didn't work at getting the smell out so ended up buying a new mattress),scrubbed at the wooden bits of the cot, EVERYTHING! But something still smells. Anyone any ideas? It's not the mattress (as it's new), it's not the bedding, that smells ok - in fact I just can't trace it to anything, but there is definitely still a smell in there and it's really annoying!!

nannyl Sat 13-Nov-10 22:41:56

how about sprinkleing bicarb all over the carpet and then hoovering off?

TeeBee Sat 13-Nov-10 22:46:34

Yep, bicarb

onimolap Sat 13-Nov-10 22:51:34

Agree bicarb, and add a few drops of lavender oil (nicer smell and anti-microbial in a non-toxic way).

GrumpyGit Sun 14-Nov-10 17:10:28

hmmm, will add bicarb to the tesco order and give it a try! Thanks (have got some lavender oil somewhere, will dig that out too). Knew you guys would have an idea!

mycomment Thu 18-Nov-10 16:52:14

"I just can't trace it to anything, but there is definitely still a smell in there"

Is it ds2 perhaps? envy (sicky baby)

GrumpyGit Mon 22-Nov-10 21:45:02

The bicarb worked btw, thanks everyone - and mycomment you were right too, it took at least 5 or 6 baths with hairwashes to get him smelling lovely again; I kept feeling bleurghhh envy when cuddling him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now