Talk

Advanced search

Rug Doctor, any good?

(6 Posts)
seb1 Fri 12-Nov-10 17:03:36

I have a vax carpet cleaner but due to having a bit of work done in the house my carpets could do with a good clean is it worth hiring a rug doctor machine?

BeenBeta Fri 12-Nov-10 17:06:57

Yes. I have used it several times. Very good.

Not as good as a professional clean but will freshen a hallway carpet or kids room.

castlesintheair Fri 12-Nov-10 17:11:13

I think they are excellent and have had a better result than a professional. But it's quite hard work doing it yourself, especially if you are a perfectionist like me.

BeenBeta Fri 12-Nov-10 17:19:44

Yes they are quite hard work. What with the steam from the cleaner and the effort I am usually drippping in sweat.

midnightexpress Fri 12-Nov-10 17:25:58

We got mould after we used one. We live in a lower ground floor flat and it's always wet here (I think you're in the same neck of the woods IIRC, seb1). They don't get the carpets completely dry, so if you don't have a means of ensuring that the carpet can dry properly afterwards, I'd be a bit wary, tbh.

BeenBeta Fri 12-Nov-10 17:41:22

You do need to leave windows open and I have always done it in the summer and also put the radiator on full. The windows are the most important thing though - allows the damp air to escape the room.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: