Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

pre-schooler needs a new blackout blind

(7 Posts)
chelseamorning Sat 24-Oct-09 20:22:41

Our 3yr old DS needs a new blackout blind for his bedroom. Nothing wrong with the old one really but it's the 'Noah's Ark' one from John Lewis so a bit young for him.

His window is 178cm so we're looking for at least a 180cm blind. Has anyone come across any suitable off-the-shelf ones? We're keeping John Lewis in reserve! wink Thanks!

Grumpla Sat 24-Oct-09 20:31:13

Have you had a look at the IKEA website? Not sure what widths they come in but they are fairly cheap and very effective! I have these in all our bedrooms.

I vaguely remember that the instructions included info on how to cut them down with a hacksaw (!) if necessary.

clam Sat 24-Oct-09 20:38:11

Dunelm Mills? Do you have one nearby? Their widest width is 180cm and they're very reasonably priced - got one just a bit narrower than that, for £17.99.

ButtercupWafflehead Sat 24-Oct-09 20:40:59

Loads in Argos, plain and otherwise. Sorry, I can't link because I don't know what 180cm is in ft off the top of my head!

morningpaper Sat 24-Oct-09 20:41:54

I bought a cheap one from Argos and cut it down to fir my posh old blind fitting (mine went moudly)

It worked okay and only cost £20

I'd recommend it!

giddykipper Sat 24-Oct-09 20:45:33

Just an off the wall thought - could you glue a different fabric over the Noah's Ark fabric? Seems a shame to get rid of a blind that is fine. Go to a fabric shop (John Lewis good), get some spray glue and bob's yer uncle.

chelseamorning Tue 27-Oct-09 10:34:41

Thanks all!

IKEA's are all plain and I'm trying to find something colourful as it's such a big window.

There's a Dunhelm Mills near my parents and we're visiting them for the day tomorrow so might sneak out to do a bit of shopping!

Argos' children's blinds seem to stop at 4ft so not wide enough

Giddykipper, that's a very interesting suggestion! The blind is still perfect, just a bit out-dated for such a big boy! Will def look into it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now