Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

do any of you have a tv on the wall above the fireplace? and if you do where do you put your sky box/dvd player/freeview box?

(5 Posts)
lizandlulu Fri 23-Oct-09 10:29:05

we are planning to put a tv above the fireplace but wondering where to put our skybox and dvd player, would it look odd to have a tv cabinet next to the fireplace? or would i be better having a cupboard unit in the nearest corner?

what do you have?

BPiggy Fri 23-Oct-09 20:53:01

I had a tall bookcase in the nearest corner and put the boxes on top

stainesmassif Fri 23-Oct-09 21:07:22

i have put an ikea shelf underneath it - one of the bracket less 'lack' shelves. there are still loads of wires hanging out though and they drive me nuts

if you find a solution can you come round and sort mine out?

undertheduvet Fri 23-Oct-09 21:07:27

We have our TV over the fireplace and have a shelf unit this one next to it with all the boxes on, to hide the cables we have out them inside some trunking and painted over it, works quite well, and its amazing how much extra floor space we seem to have with the TV out of the way!

stainesmassif Fri 23-Oct-09 21:21:27

does anyone know if you can still have a fire with the telly on the chimney breast? it's always put me off putting the one in the lounge up as i'd like to have real fires going one day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now