Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

where can i get magnetic paint from?

(10 Posts)
lizandlulu Fri 16-Oct-09 10:29:58

i just got outbid by 59p on some on ebay and an severly peed off[mad] that i missed it.
where can i get some from? internet or shop?

MrCSWS Fri 16-Oct-09 12:09:17

here

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Fri 16-Oct-09 12:10:58

it's rubbish.

But mine came from either B&Q or Homebase.

lizandlulu Fri 16-Oct-09 12:22:48

oh is it really that bad? i was expecting good thingsgrin

didnt realise i could get it in homebase and such places

ksld Fri 16-Oct-09 12:39:41

Have some sat in a tin here but imagine it would cost a fortune to post!! Very heavy.

It is still in the tin because the bit I used as a test was utter rubbish - could not find a magnet that would stay on the wall let alone hold something with it.

What were you going to use it for? I only ask in case the solution I found works. I got from Ikea some metal strips that you screw into the wall and then you can paint them with normal paint to hide them if you want. They are called Spontan.

lizandlulu Fri 16-Oct-09 12:46:33

i was going to pain a area of dd'd bedroom was for her school pictures. i read on one of the websites you have to do 2 coats and you can also buy special magnets that must be stronger than normal ones, but not usre how much they are

curlyredhead Fri 16-Oct-09 12:49:14

we did some - needed about three or gour coats. got it from b&q.

curlyredhead Fri 16-Oct-09 12:49:37

*four

PfftTheMagicDragon Fri 16-Oct-09 12:52:47

Aspace have that tin for £30. Was looking at it earlier actually, bit worried to hear it might be crap.

MrCSWS Fri 16-Oct-09 12:54:02

I think
here is where i got magnets from

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now