Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Can someone recommend a kettle - mine just went fizz

(7 Posts)
GrimmaTheNome Wed 14-Oct-09 17:17:51

I've dug out my traditional style old one that I keep for such eventualities- DD has never seen anything like it and was disappointed it doesn't whistle! But I guess I ought to get a new one... definitely not the same as the last (Russell Hobbs jug).

I'd like something with a decent fill level indicator (ie capable of measuring a cup rather than starting at a litre hmm), a lid that comes off without swearing and not overly heavy - DH wouldn't contemplate DD (10 now) using the old kettle as it was heavy and tall and actually would have been quite hard for her to manage.

Any recommendations (or ones to avoid) - thanks!

Lulumama Wed 14-Oct-09 17:22:36

I have the Delonghi one, will find a link in a mo, it is great. I had a similar thread a while ago, and got some good recommendations.

Lulumama Wed 14-Oct-09 17:23:38

www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Icona-KBO3001-R-Kettle-Scarlet/dp/B0014FWDTG

it's this one, but I bought it off Ebay, it had a tiny scratch on it so it was classed as a 'second' and was half the price.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 14-Oct-09 17:49:11

looks like they do something v similar in silver (red or black really wouldn't go!)

Is there something (apart from sheer style) which makes it worth the extra ££?

Lulumama Wed 14-Oct-09 17:54:26

erm, not sure really !! i bought it because we have a red kitchen, and we wanted a red kettle <<shallow>> boils quickly, and it pours well.. even a bog standard kettle is £25 these days

FimbleHobbs Wed 14-Oct-09 17:58:04

I got sick of kettles breaking so our last one was from Asda - £6 - it boils water very well. Can't remember where the fill indicator starts but I often only have a mug so it must be quite low. Its in finest silver effect plastic.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 14-Oct-09 18:03:49

grin

The main thing is that I get one before DH kindly does it again - last time he thoughtfully went out unbidden and proudly returned with the exact same model as the one before which (a) had broken and (b) I didn't like at all. So of course I said thanks and forebore to criticize because he meant so well. Bless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now