Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

toy storage

(7 Posts)
frazzled74 Wed 30-Sep-09 14:33:24

I am desperate for toy storage that wont look too out of place in my dining room, links or website recommendations would be great, ideally it would be one item of furniture that could fit in alcove and house, puzzles,art and craft stuff etc.

pcworld Wed 30-Sep-09 14:54:14

Frazzled, I have just posted a thread, myself - linking to two items that I am considering for the hall - wonder if they might work in your dining room!

Has anyone seem anthing similar (cheaper!!) at the likes of ikea?

ElectricElephant Wed 30-Sep-09 14:56:22

Trofast

Absolutely brilliant. The stepped ones are good if you have space under the stairs as well

penona Wed 30-Sep-09 15:05:22

I can't do links, sorry, but I have the IKEA Expedit bookcase thing £59, but I have it on its side so is 2 spaces high and 4 wide. I have an assortment of baskets on top with stuff in. IKEA also do lots of different sorts of storage baskets that fit perfectly in it, in wicker or plastic also wood, but it too heavy for little DCs). There is also one double the size, 16 spaces, that a friend on mine with 4 DCs has.
It comes in many colours, mine is white, it was actually on special the day I went for £20 so a total bargain!

frazzled74 Wed 30-Sep-09 15:55:22

that all looks great, sadly am not near ikea and no car, may look into delivery charges or bribe a friend.

ElectricElephant Wed 30-Sep-09 17:01:41

Oh I know- are you on Freecycle? People sometimes give away Trofast/Expedit units there. Also, you could have a look on ebay to see if there are any selling near you. Worth a go

deleting Wed 30-Sep-09 17:08:07

www.aplaceforeverything.co.uk/ is a really good site. otherwise what about a wooden trunk type thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now