Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Seriously mundane question, which iron would you reccomend?

(12 Posts)
LauraIngallsWilder Mon 28-Sep-09 12:35:28

Boring I know but which iron should I buy?

I dont mind spending about £30 and the key thing I want it to have is a plastic cup purposely designed to use to pour water into aforementioned iron

Ta Muchly Chuckleys

LauraIngallsWilder Mon 28-Sep-09 13:19:21

Bump

MmeLindt Mon 28-Sep-09 13:23:05

LOL at the plastic cup.

I have a Bosch Sensixx Comfort. I love it.

It is black and manly-looking so even DH does not mind ironing with it.

Ooops, just checked. It was a good bit over £30 though. Definitely worth it as it is fab.

vacaloca Mon 28-Sep-09 13:23:26

One of those super steam ones with the water tank. It has changed my life. Really. I used to hate ironing and now DH and I fight over it. [saddo emoticon]

I've got an Italian one that I bought in Spain (I know, complicated...) so wouldn't know which one to recommend here.

vacaloca Mon 28-Sep-09 13:25:15

Ah, hang on, hadn't noticed about the £30 price limit. I was thinking of something like this which is A LOT over £30. I'm sure mine didn't cost that much, but still around £100 I think.

LauraIngallsWilder Mon 28-Sep-09 13:31:28

Oooh its nice to have my thread noticed

I cant fathom spending over about £30 for an iron - I dont iron more than about every 6 weeks (Probably less!)

I do NEED a plastic cup to get the water into the iron without splashing everywhere though!

kando Mon 28-Sep-09 13:36:15

I have one of those plastic cups, but it doesn't fill the water tank right up so I just use my measuring jug which has a spout for pouring (and the jug doesn't spill but the "specially designed" plastic cup thing does hmm ) ... might that help?

LauraIngallsWilder Mon 28-Sep-09 13:40:41

Kando - I dont want to hear that

My measuring jug (gorgeous pyrex) slashes everywhere when trying to fill my old iron

Measuring cup that came with was fab - until I broke it

Drusilla Mon 28-Sep-09 13:40:43

Really, get one of those steam generators! Ours is a Tefal, cost about £100, but it takes about a quarter of the time to do the ironing!

MmeLindt Mon 28-Sep-09 13:47:46

Well, for the £60 that the Bosch costs you do get a fab cup that more than fills up the tank. I can normally do all my ironing with just one refill of the cup.

Eyeballls Mon 28-Sep-09 13:54:32

I have this one. Was half price in Sainsburys a while ago. It flashes different colours for different settings which always tickles me and it's got a good strong blast of steam. And it comes with a very special little plastic jug with a sticky out spout for water filling

LauraIngallsWilder Mon 28-Sep-09 14:05:16

Eyeballs - that one looks brilliant
I too would find it rather pleasing as the iron changed colour
Of course it is not a gimmick
It is a necessary feature!

And a wee jug too

I will check out bosch irons as well Mmelindt - as everyone seems to love bosch washing machines and tumble dryers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now