Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Good website for crockery?

(3 Posts)
LissyGlitter Sat 26-Sep-09 14:04:05

My mum has offered to buy me a tea set as a housewarming present. I think she means plates, cups, bowls, teapot, etc. She isn't exactly made of money but has asked me to choose something nice that I can be proud of. It needs to be available online so she can order it to be delivered to my house.

I'm thinking something pretty traditional, as my house is quite old fashioned (aga, belfast sink, lots of greeny colours). It would be a bonus if there were bits available separately as I have a toddler and a baby on the way and we are quite clumsy adults as well.

Any ideas of where to look? She suggested Tesco online, but nothing is really inspiring me on there.

Looking forward to having nice stuff, I've been using castoffs and chipped stuff for too long!

LissyGlitter Sat 26-Sep-09 14:06:20

Although if I see a nice just tea drinking set, i may ask her for that instead. I'm a sucker for tea from a teapot, and a teapot that matches the cups would be brilliant!

SparkyToo Sun 04-Oct-09 11:45:53

How about Emma Bridgewater or Wedgewood? These companies all seem to have factory shops - where I would presume you could get the products much cheaper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now