Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

does anyone have a "retro" style fridge?

(7 Posts)
TheWheelsOnTheBusHaveFallenOff Fri 25-Sep-09 15:12:28

and if so do you like it or hate it, and what brand is it please?

Thanks!

norktasticninja Fri 25-Sep-09 15:17:45

I have a Smeg and I hate it. It is attractive though.

It was in the house when we bought it so it's secondhand (or maybe third-hand), the quality is shocking. All the plastic bits that hold the rails in front of the door shelves have broken off. The freezer door is broken and doesn't close properly there are loads of other problems with it that I wont bore you with.

Don't get a Smeg smile

TheWheelsOnTheBusHaveFallenOff Fri 25-Sep-09 17:23:10

thanks! Smegs are the most obvious retro ones to get but I had it at the back of my mind that they were rubbish.

anyone else please?

belgo Fri 25-Sep-09 17:25:56

I have a Smeg. In pink. It is rubbish, but I like the colour.

The seal isn't very efficient, there is a permanent drip that we can't sort out, the handle to the freezer part is fragile and when it broke it was a nightmare to replace - I no longer use the freezer part, and one of the drinks shelves has broken.

I still love it though.

TheWheelsOnTheBusHaveFallenOff Fri 25-Sep-09 20:00:32

bump in case anyone has a retro fridge that isn't falling apart and that isn't Smeg!

norktasticninja Fri 25-Sep-09 20:47:34

There's a thread somewhere in the archives that recommends some good ones. I think it was in either Products or Good housekeeping...

TheWheelsOnTheBusHaveFallenOff Fri 25-Sep-09 21:00:33

ah thanks norktastic - found it (and a few others!) all saying smeg fridges aren't very good, and a recommendation for another make. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now