Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tall tv cabinet to stop toddler fiddling with telly!

(3 Posts)
spongebrainmaternitypants Wed 23-Sep-09 16:31:29

Hi, can anyone recommend somewhere I can find a really tall tv cabinet to put our tv out of the reach of our 15 mth DS who's favourite game is pressing the on/off switch repeatedly! grin

We have another DS on the way so figure we're going to have at least another couple of years of this if we don't do something - most tv cabinets are so not child-proof (all open fronts and low level) so wondered if anyone knew of an alternative.

It would need to be high enough to remove temptation and preferably have somewhere to store our PVR and DVD player, and obviously very stable and not easy to climb!

Don't think our budget will stretch to bespoke!

Btw, we have tried teaching him not to do it, but are having no luck blush.

Thank you.

RustyBear Wed 23-Sep-09 16:44:01

Where is your on/off switch?

If it's near the bottom of your TV you may be able to try my solution - DS was the same age as yours when he discovered the off button.

I used a photo frame like this but A4 size,and put the main part of the frame under the TV with the stand part covering the buttons. DH & I could get a finger in the turn it off, but DS's fingers were too short to reach, because it was transparent the remote could still 'see' the sensor, which was beside the switch.

Wit DD, two years younger, it was simpler - she turned the TV off while DS was watching Thomas, he thumped her and she never did it again.

spongebrainmaternitypants Wed 23-Sep-09 18:57:44

Switch is at the bottom but tv presently attached to low tv stand to couldn't push the frame in IYSWIM. Good idea though.

PMSL at thumping though - maybe we should try that with DS? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now