Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Neff ovens - are they any good?

(26 Posts)
hotpotmama Sun 20-Sep-09 21:50:41

We are having a new kitchen and Neff seem to be the ones that people want but I know nothing about ovens or hobs or anything really.

So, if you have a neff oven, is it worth it and would you get one with a microwave function to save space?

cece Sun 20-Sep-09 21:53:17

I have a double one. Had it for about a month now. So far I am happy with it. Haven't tried all of the functions yet though! Also have a Neff gas hob and very pleased with that too. smile

I got a 2008 model from appliancesdirect.co.uk for a good price.

hotpotmama Sun 20-Sep-09 21:56:30

Ta for that cece. Will have a look at that website.

I find it all far too confusing!

cece Sun 20-Sep-09 22:01:01

this one is last years model but only a series 1. I got a series 3 one but they don't have it anymore.

I'll look some more...

cece Sun 20-Sep-09 22:03:08

Good value single oven also 2008 model.

cece Sun 20-Sep-09 22:04:22

wow look how many cooking functions!

GeneHunt Sun 20-Sep-09 22:06:28

My last neff broke down 4 times in 5 years. Cost over £800 and was just rubbish.

cece Sun 20-Sep-09 22:07:14

This is my hob. 2009 model...

hotpotmama Sun 20-Sep-09 22:08:47

Oh no thats not good gene.

Cece, thanks for all the links! smile

cece Sun 20-Sep-09 22:10:46

Having fun now! Here is my cooker hood. Was advised this is as good as if not better than a Neff hood. Plus loads cheaper!

PrettyCandles Sun 20-Sep-09 22:17:09

My parents' Neff oven is about 25yo and still works as well as it did when it was new. The door hinge had to be replaced once. My mum would like to replace it with another Neff.

What I would like, when we finally get around to replacing our kitchen, is to have a conventional oven and a combi microwave oven, so that I can use both at the same time. I often find myself doing so with what we currently have.

hotpotmama Sun 20-Sep-09 22:23:55

Ta for that prettycandles.

I want a 5 burner hob cece but am thinking of a glass one just so its easier to clean (am so lazy!).

cece Sun 20-Sep-09 22:58:59

I hate cleaning and so far it cleans fine. The oven I have is glass and also seems to clean fine too. smile

WhereYouLeftIt Sun 20-Sep-09 23:26:18

We did our kitchen about five years ago and installed two Neff ovens, one of which (the one I use most) is a combination oven. We've had no problems with either. The combination oven is great, micro conventional grill and fan. Love it, except for cleaning - the door hinges at the bottom rather than the side, which means you're stretching to reach the back corners to clean inside. My second oven is mainly used at Christmas grin and has a fantastic feature, the oven door slides under the oven, SOOO easy to clean compared to the combi.

As to hobs, we put in a 4-ring induction hob and a wok burner. The induction has a glass surface, again great for cleaning. The wok burner is only used occasionally, but sometimes it is handy to have a fifth ring available, and it is impressively powerful when used.

Overall still happy with what we chose back then. Good luck!

expatinscotland Sun 20-Sep-09 23:28:19

There was a Neff oven and hob in a self-catering cottage we stayed in and I fell in love.

hotpotmama Mon 21-Sep-09 14:18:44

Thanks all! Don't suppose any you have a kutchenhaus kitchen too do you? Want opinions on them. smile

hotpotmama Mon 21-Sep-09 14:19:21

any of you even blush

cece Mon 21-Sep-09 22:07:20

No our kitchen is from Benchmarx

hotpotmama Mon 21-Sep-09 22:11:36

not heard of them. Are they local to you?

What about neff dishwashers and fridges? They have CDA appliances at Kutchenhaus but never heard of that brand before.

cece Tue 22-Sep-09 18:46:20

Benchmarx is a chain but think it is mainly in the South East. Here

Our cooker hood is CDA, almost no brand iyswim. It has no brand label at all so 'goes' with other brands, does that make sense?

hotpotmama Tue 22-Sep-09 21:13:43

Is it any good as far as cooker hoods go?

Am not in the South East, am up North but thanks for the link anyway.

Ponders Tue 22-Sep-09 21:18:13

I have a fairly basic Neff oven (I didn't buy the one I thought I was buying blush) which I am pretty happy with. It performs very well & has an aquatherm (???) cleaning system, where you heat up a detergent solution in the oven bottom, then wipe it all down, which would have been great if I hadn't let the grease get away from me & bake in.

The one I thought I was getting had pyrolytic (???) liners & I think that would be better.

(There was a one-digit difference in the model numbers eg 1322 & 1332 grin)

cece Tue 22-Sep-09 21:59:35

It seems to do the job.

lou33 Tue 22-Sep-09 22:01:59

not had any problems with mine so far (touch wood)

Marysmoments Tue 24-Nov-09 13:53:04

Just bought one, fingers crossed! Quite expensive...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now