Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Washing machine help

(6 Posts)
GrinnyPig Wed 09-Sep-09 11:51:10

Any suggestions please.

My Bosch washing machine is showing fault F01 on the control panel. According to the manual this means the door is not closed but it is closed and makes a reassuring clicking noise as it always does when the door closes. I know I could call the repair man and he would probably fix it but he'll cost at least £100. So any DIY fixes I could try first?

GrinnyPig Wed 09-Sep-09 13:27:51

OK I know this is a really boring subject and none of you care really <sob>. On closer inspection it could be that the rubber seal is looser than it should be. Any experience in removing this? Or rather putting it back on, because I think I could remove it but putting it back could be a problem.

Pyrocanthus Wed 09-Sep-09 13:40:00

There is actually an internet forum somewhere where you can post this sort of thing and loads of DIY enthusiasts pelt you with solutions! I stupidly haven't bookmarked it, but if you google around with the make, model and fault you might find something.

Lilymaid Wed 09-Sep-09 13:46:18

I think this is the forum you need.

GrinnyPig Wed 09-Sep-09 13:58:29

Thanks, I did google this morning but didn't find this particular site - I'll have a look!

Pyrocanthus Wed 09-Sep-09 14:03:30

Yes, Lily, that looks familiar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now