Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

DH buying us a new dishwasher. Which one?

(12 Posts)
mumtojohn Sat 05-Sep-09 14:40:39

Hey all,

My dishwasher is rubbish. Not much space and glasses come out looking dirtier than when they went in. Plates often come out looking grubby etc.

Can anyone reco a good one that:

a) is roomy
b) is friendly to baby bowls etc
c) cleans stuff well (esp glasses)

Thanks if you have a view!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 05-Sep-09 14:41:59

Bosch - I have an Exxcel. it is fab. I heart it very much indeed. (have the one with the steel base not the plastic one).

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 05-Sep-09 14:45:17

i think its this one much cheaper than when we got ours about 2 years ago though !!

3littlefrogs Sat 05-Sep-09 14:50:53

Bosch. Sooo quiet.

Merle Sat 05-Sep-09 14:52:17

Miele also v. good, but expensive. Don't buy Smeg; ours only lasted 4 years.

nearlybeans Sat 05-Sep-09 14:59:32

Bosch.

happywomble Sat 05-Sep-09 15:34:41

We have a Bosch dishwasher that is still going well after 9 years.

The only thing that has gone wrong is the spring on the tablet dispenser so we have to remember to throw a tablet in when the cycle says 79 mins left! We will probably get round to having this fixed at some point!

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Sat 05-Sep-09 15:35:29

bosch

Lastyearsmodel Sat 05-Sep-09 15:38:23

Bosch but don't go for the cheapest - ours is under a year old and build quality not great. Made of thin steel and baskets catch when they slide in and out. My Mum has the next model up and it's much better quality.

tibni Sat 05-Sep-09 15:41:06

We have a siemens with the top tray for anything small and light as well as knives, forks etc. Not cheap but good.

KnickersandVests Sat 05-Sep-09 15:58:35

We recently bought an AEG Electrolux.

A few weeks ago we thought it had gone wrong so called out the engineer, as it happened it was nothing wrong with the machine just DP's attempt at plumbing(he's an accountant FGS, not a plumber) and he said that he never gets call outs for AEG products, that they are very well built and, in his opinion, better than Bosch.

mumtojohn Sat 05-Sep-09 19:29:27

Cool, thanks all. After I posted this I joined Which? (they do £1 trials) and it is ace. They do the most rigorous testing and they seemed to be in favour of all the ones you have mentioned (the Bosch ones and that Electrolux one, plus Miele all got the thumbs up). Good to get the low down from MNers tho, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now