Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help I cant get the lid of our Magimix

(7 Posts)
Pinga Sat 02-Jun-18 20:01:53

Trying to make hummus today. I had it in a tight spot in the kitchen. Realised it would be easier if I moved it to a spot with more space. Dumped a siicon spatula into the hole in the top so it didnt make a mess on the worktop (cos no space where I was anyway)
Shifted it over and locked the bowl into place without thinking. Darn thing tried to spin and gah....... Turned it off as quickly as i could. Retrieved spatula and now I cant get the lid off. Nothing doing.

Im heartbroken as Ive not had it long. Magimixes are expensive too <wails> Any ideas what I can do? Apart from launching into a pond or dustbin.

Pinga Sat 02-Jun-18 20:02:42

Off - the title should say "off" Spelling fail

ReservoirDogs Sat 02-Jun-18 20:04:21

Leave it a few mins nd then try

Pinga Sat 02-Jun-18 20:07:53

Its been 30 agonizing minutes so far. Periodically having a go.
The hummus looks pretty good. I guess I could spoon it out

Knittedfairies Sat 02-Jun-18 21:01:20

I’m assuming you can get the bowl off the base? Spoon out your delicious hummus, and then hold the bowl upside down in some hot soapy water so just the lid is touching the water. The lid should expand, so you can take it off. Maybe.... If all else fails and you have to use brute force, you can buy spare lids and bowls - pricey though. Good luck!

Pinga Sat 02-Jun-18 22:39:52

Ta muchly Knitted - I cant get the lid off the bowl. Totally and utterly stuck it is.
I was thinking maybe hot water would do the trick. Ive found a spares website now that will sell me a lid and bowl for £32 including shipping - eye watering but not as bad as a whole new machine.
Tomorrows project..........

Pinga Tue 05-Jun-18 13:46:22

Success - friend who is much stronger than me managed to liberate the lid from the jug today. Happy happy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: