Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tissues 'Pop up' auto replenish?

(13 Posts)
billbrooks Thu 24-May-18 18:29:51

Does anyone know of a brand of tissues I could buy(preferably from Ocado) that pop up after you pull them out of the box? Tesco have stopped doing them and with arthritis it is sometimes difficult to scrabble around in the box. According to all the US sitcoms they all do over there but not so in UK. I thought this would be the best place to ask as none of the supermarkets I have asked can supply the answer.

MollyHuaCha Thu 24-May-18 20:33:27

Kleenex Balsam (I have a box here and I've just tested them). I think all tissues are meant to pop up. You have to remove the top one slowly.

ScreamingValenta Thu 24-May-18 20:36:47

My recently purchased box of Tesco balsam tissues does this. I thought it was a fairly standard way of packaging them. Could it be that the people you've asked have misunderstood and thought you meant some kind of special box design, rather than simply the way they are folded?

billbrooks Fri 25-May-18 11:56:01

Thank you for your help. SV, I sent pictures, as well as great descriptions with purple prose! It is not a standard way of packaging. I have tried a variety of different packages and discussed this at length with Tesco and Ocado. It does not appear in the product specification, which apparently renders helplines helpless. Molly, if the tissue isn't packed correctly it will not pop, although I agree if you pull hard or fast they also may not pop. Finally, I hate to be picky, but I just want plain tissues, not balsam. Thanks again for your trouble.

ScreamingValenta Fri 25-May-18 16:40:46

Trial and error is probably your best approach @billbrooks, if you're getting nowhere with the helpline. I always buy the balsam ones as I find they prevent my nose getting sore if I have a cold/hayfever. There might be a correlation with the balsam version being a bit more expensive than non-balsam tissues, so you could try a non-balsam but premium box. Hope you find what you're looking for smile.

billbrooks Fri 25-May-18 17:07:34

Thanks for your reply. I have already had a number of errors and got some answers that were a trial. e.g. this one from ASDA
"I understand that you want to know if we sell tissues that pop up.
With regards to your concern, kindly visit this link to direct you to all of our tissue products for you to be able to order this online. groceries.asda.com/search/tissue.
I am sorry but I am unable to provide you with the exact answer if do sell tissues that pops up as I do not want to provide false information.
I hope that I was able to provide an answer to your query.
If there is anything else that I can assist you, please let me know."
Another helpless helpline to with those already mentioned above (Note the creative use of English and logic " I am unable to provide you with the exact answer " "I hope that I was able to provide an answer ". How sad that he hopes for something he is unable to do. ).
Also, it's bad enough that dollars become pounds with tech. stuff without the US getting pop ups as standard and for us at a premium!

AnnieOH1 Fri 25-May-18 17:09:10

We found (albeit on Aldi tissues mainly) that the mansize boxes are useless but standard size and the cosmetic cubes operate how you want. smile

ScreamingValenta Fri 25-May-18 17:23:31

Lots of people keep a box of tissues on their desk at work, so I'll have a look next week and if I spot any pop-up tissues that aren't balsam, I'll let you know.

billbrooks Fri 25-May-18 18:08:32

Sorry.
"Another helpless helpline to with those already mentioned above "
Should be:
"Another helpless helpline to GO with those already mentioned above"
the go went.

ScreamingValenta Fri 25-May-18 18:34:00

Oh, the perils of not having an edit button, billbrooks grin.

billbrooks Sat 26-May-18 11:16:45

Thanks SV for your replies.
Free Grammarly let me down over missing go (mysteriously did not flag it in the original post but when I copied it to correct it it showed up - company crest horses bolted over stable doors couchant!)
The quest continues!

billbrooks Sat 26-May-18 17:17:21

Sorry Annie, missed yours, thanks very much, a useful tip. But the pop up Tesco discontinued was man size and Kleenex compact don't pop!

billbrooks Wed 27-Jun-18 14:13:14

In addition to Kleenex Balsam, Kleenex Extra Soft also pop up; but both of these are 'cosmetic tissue' size. Still no sign of man size pop ups!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: