Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

RIP Dolce Gusto machine. Which shall I get next?

(2 Posts)
littlepill Fri 04-May-18 11:05:42

I was never that mad on it - prefer stove-top maker, but it can be a bit faffy on school mornings.

Which coffee machine should I get next? Part of me wants to splurge on something bean-to-cup and podless, another part is wondering if they are worth it. Any tips?

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Sat 26-May-18 10:13:01

I have a bean to cup machine (well, you put ground coffee in, but not pods). It produces a really nice cup of coffee (nicer than some of the pod ones), you aren't spending £££ on branded pods, and you aren't limited by what's available in the branded pods range. And you're not sending lots of plastic to landfill - all the waste can be composted.

I haven't done the maths, but I suspect bean to cup machines work out cheaper in the long run compared to pod machines, due to how expensive the pods are

If you're going to miss some of the fancier pods eg vanilla latte type ones, you can get a big bottle of Tate & Lyle vanilla syrup from amazon for less than a fiver, and some machines come with a milk steaming attachment

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: