Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. We've spent weeks researching and testing vacuum cleaners in real homes with real families. Read our vacuum cleaner reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

spiders web in oven door - can anyone help???

(3 Posts)
sharer Mon 09-Apr-18 13:09:48

My Hotpoint oven has a big spider's web spun diagonally across the whole door. I contacted Hotpoint to find out how to remove glass panels so I can clean it but was told I couldn't remove panels and would need to buy a new door! I dont feel I should have to buy a new door as I suspect my door seals must be faulty.... then they suggested I pay for an engineer to come out. I guess he will come and tell me I need a new door!
When i contacted Whirlpool who own hotpoint after some really awful customer service they told me I might be able to squirt some water in. I am currently waiting for information on how to do that! Can anyone help????

HopeAndJoy16 Tue 10-Apr-18 17:12:48

Bumping this for you. I'm pretty sure the glass panes in my oven are removeable, but it's not a hotpoint so doesn't help you at all. Is there any way to unscrew the front panel of the oven to get in there?

user1498854363 Tue 10-Apr-18 17:16:24

Op, get on the internet, lots of useful and helpful guides on appliances (repairs, manuals etc).
Google Hotpoint 😀

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: