Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help me find a washing machine?!

(9 Posts)
torthecatlady Wed 14-Mar-18 16:06:15

So our second hand Hotpoint is on it's very last leg and we need to find a replacement. Having never actually been to a shop and bought a new washing machine, I am completely out of my depth.

Our current one is a 6kg drum which is fine for our needs and we don't want a washer/dryer, but other than that I have no idea what I am looking for. blush

We could probably stretch to around £400 for a new washing machine, but I don't want to buy something only to have to replace it again in a couple of years.

I've read that Bosch is a good brand, but within my budget is that possible?

TheFairyCaravan Wed 14-Mar-18 16:12:21

This Bosch looks a good buy.

We always used ao.com. They’re really helpful and delivery is so quick.

AmUsername Wed 14-Mar-18 16:14:24

We've got an 8kg Samsung Eco bubble. Never had any complaints with it and it holds a huge amount

LRL2017 Wed 14-Mar-18 16:18:22

We have a samsung and it's brilliant. Come with really good guarantee as well

torthecatlady Wed 14-Mar-18 16:26:48

That Bosch looks good, I've heard good things about AO plus I think you can use topcashback with them which is a bonus.

I've had a sneaky look at Samsung machines when I've been in Curry's and they do look really nice.

My parents always swore by Hotpoint when I was growing up. There are just so many brands to choose from!

Notso Wed 14-Mar-18 16:52:48

I'm really happy with our Bosch washing machine.

Alfiemoon1 Sun 01-Apr-18 18:44:33

I recently got the Samsung 9 kg eco bubble comes with a 10 year guarantee on the motor and 5 years on everything else

Banana1979 Tue 24-Apr-18 20:56:24

Don't get a Hoover machine like me. They're crap

KeiTeNgeNge Tue 24-Apr-18 20:59:48

Loved my Hoover, went like a dream with no worries.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: