Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. We've spent weeks researching and testing vacuum cleaners in real homes with real families. Read our vacuum cleaner reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Help me find a washing machine?!

(9 Posts)
torthecatlady Wed 14-Mar-18 16:06:15

So our second hand Hotpoint is on it's very last leg and we need to find a replacement. Having never actually been to a shop and bought a new washing machine, I am completely out of my depth.

Our current one is a 6kg drum which is fine for our needs and we don't want a washer/dryer, but other than that I have no idea what I am looking for. blush

We could probably stretch to around £400 for a new washing machine, but I don't want to buy something only to have to replace it again in a couple of years.

I've read that Bosch is a good brand, but within my budget is that possible?

TheFairyCaravan Wed 14-Mar-18 16:12:21

This Bosch looks a good buy.

We always used ao.com. They’re really helpful and delivery is so quick.

AmUsername Wed 14-Mar-18 16:14:24

We've got an 8kg Samsung Eco bubble. Never had any complaints with it and it holds a huge amount

LRL2017 Wed 14-Mar-18 16:18:22

We have a samsung and it's brilliant. Come with really good guarantee as well

torthecatlady Wed 14-Mar-18 16:26:48

That Bosch looks good, I've heard good things about AO plus I think you can use topcashback with them which is a bonus.

I've had a sneaky look at Samsung machines when I've been in Curry's and they do look really nice.

My parents always swore by Hotpoint when I was growing up. There are just so many brands to choose from!

Notso Wed 14-Mar-18 16:52:48

I'm really happy with our Bosch washing machine.

Alfiemoon1 Sun 01-Apr-18 18:44:33

I recently got the Samsung 9 kg eco bubble comes with a 10 year guarantee on the motor and 5 years on everything else

Banana1979 Tue 24-Apr-18 20:56:24

Don't get a Hoover machine like me. They're crap

KeiTeNgeNge Tue 24-Apr-18 20:59:48

Loved my Hoover, went like a dream with no worries.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: