Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. We've spent weeks researching and testing vacuum cleaners in real homes with real families. Read our vacuum cleaner reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Advice on pillows, in particular wool

(5 Posts)
ForSaleChesterDraws Sat 27-Jan-18 08:12:01

The time has come to replace our pillows. We both sleep on our sides so like something about firmer. I was looking at wool pillows and wasn’t sure what to get.
Fogarty- the lining seems to have some plastic in so it’s a no as it seems sweaty.
Devon duvets- expensive and not sure if it should be a 3 or 4 fold version.
Baavet- do they go lumpy?
Soak and sleep- they seem to have a lack of info about them.

I’ve tried the Ikea knock off of a tempur pillow and hated it. We don’t like most synthetic pillows. And I’m a bit put off feather due to ethical grounds. I’d rather shave a sheep than pluck a bird.

Has anybody got any experience with the above brands? Or can they recommend alternatives? (Apologies for the cross post with Household board)

Gruach Sat 27-Jan-18 08:17:40

Have been wondering the same for a while - for the same reasons. Spend hours on websites and then wander off, shaking my head in confusion ...

creamcheeseandlox Sat 27-Jan-18 08:30:08

Me and dh have spent loads over the years on pillows that loose their shape etc. We were both getting neck pain and back ache. We decided to spend money on getting the eve pillow as they have a 30 day money back guarantee so wouldn't be wasting more money. They are not cheap £50 each or two for £90 BUT they are amazing. No more neck pain, comfy and keep their shape. I am a side sleeper and the pillows comfortably fits in my neck and supports it well. I would definitely go with a company that u can send them back in not happy rather than spend more money after bad.

creamcheeseandlox Sat 27-Jan-18 08:31:38

Sorry one is £59 two are £115

https://www.evemattress.co.uk/pillow

Accountant222 Sat 27-Jan-18 08:35:56

I've had some wool room pillows, mattress cover and duvets for about 3 years, I'm very happy with all.

The pillows are lovely, quite firm but not uncomfortably so, the covers are quite thick, they have not become stained like feather pillows do.

I bought a set which compiled of the items I've mentioned above, 2 duvets are included, I'm on holiday right now so I can't tell the weights, but there's a thinner one for summer, a medium one and clip them both together for winter. The duvets are thin in terms of synthetic or feather one, but equally as warm.

I believe Woolroom is based in Harrogate, I bought from the web, a friend had ordered previously and recommended, I did have a discount code but must have deleted it but most likely it would have been out of date now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: