Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

White company hydrocotton towels- do they stay soft? Is it worth it?

(6 Posts)
thiskittenbarks Fri 12-Jan-18 22:04:37

My FIL has white company hydrocotton towels and robes all over his house. They are really soft and I'm thinking of getting some for our house. But FIL tumble dries everything and are the type to replace things very often and not worry about the cost.
I bought huge amounts of JL towels a few years ago which felt so soft when I got them but after a few washes were just as rough as the last lot.
Surely white company hydrocotton ones will do the same unless they are some sort of magic?
We are in quite a hard water area which probably doesn't help!
Feel free to also throw any tips for keeping towels soft and / or white company discount codes at me

PanannyPanoo Fri 12-Jan-18 22:08:37

cant help with those specific towels, I have some bamboo ones that I have had for 8 years still as soft as when I got them. I wash them as normal without fabric conditioner. I love them!

Oly5 Fri 12-Jan-18 22:10:19

All my white company stuff stays soft but I use Lenor concentrated fabric softener. Do you use that?

thiskittenbarks Fri 12-Jan-18 22:14:00

I use ecover softener at the moment but have used all sorts over the years! I have a few white company towels already (but they aren't the hydrocotton ones) - and they are rough as anything!

Aroundtheworldandback Sat 14-Apr-18 14:48:49

We have hard water and bought the hydro cotton thick WC towels 3 months ago. So far so good, tumble dry them and they are the same as when I bought them, unlike the JL towels!

TroubledLichen Sun 22-Apr-18 00:40:42

The key with towels is no fabric conditioner since that does something strange to them making them less fluffy and stops them being properly absorbent. And to always tumble dry. The parents have the white company hydrocotton and they are lovely!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: