Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. We've spent weeks researching and testing vacuum cleaners in real homes with real families. Read our vacuum cleaner reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Waffle Maker

(6 Posts)
OldJoseph Sun 29-Oct-17 09:46:13

I bought a cheap toastie / waffle maker from Aldi mostly to make toasties in it.
The DCs are using it to make waffles, which is great but the waffle maker is a PITA to clean. It's not the inserts causing problems but any spills get into every nook and cranny and so it's hard to keep clean. And because it has a plug I can't just bung it in the dishwasher.
Ideally I'd like to buy a better one, specifically for waffles but easy to clean, any recommendations?

SansaClegane Mon 30-Oct-17 12:56:35

I have a cheap Aldi /Lidl one (can’t remember which) that does heart shaped waffles, and a big expensive one that makes square thick waffles. The expensive one is just as much of a PITA to clean if there are spills! I don’t think it makes a difference really it just goes with the territory that they’re tricky to clean.

MothershipG Mon 30-Oct-17 13:29:05

Mine has removable, dishwasher safe waffle plates. It’s a George Forman Evolve grill, does all kinds of stuff and easy to clean.

https://www.georgeforeman.co.uk/family-grills/evolve-grill-21610

OldJoseph Mon 30-Oct-17 16:01:07

Thanks for your replies, the GF one is a bit pricey for me. The Aldi one just has so many cracks / screws and spaces for the waffle mixture to hide in. The plates are easy to clean because they are removable.

MarmiteAndPB Fri 17-Nov-17 11:30:48

There's one that I love the look of, but could never justify because of the outrageous price! It has a special moat at the edges to catch and cook all the leaking batter!

It's such a perfect solution. Why don't other brands do this, but for a more reasonable price? sad

MarmiteAndPB Fri 17-Nov-17 11:33:34

Ooh, Mothership, we have a George Forman of some sort with removable plates. Not sure if it's the Evolve, but I might look into whether we can get waffle plates for it. More justifiable to DH than a dedicated gadget grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: