Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Waffle Maker

(6 Posts)
OldJoseph Sun 29-Oct-17 09:46:13

I bought a cheap toastie / waffle maker from Aldi mostly to make toasties in it.
The DCs are using it to make waffles, which is great but the waffle maker is a PITA to clean. It's not the inserts causing problems but any spills get into every nook and cranny and so it's hard to keep clean. And because it has a plug I can't just bung it in the dishwasher.
Ideally I'd like to buy a better one, specifically for waffles but easy to clean, any recommendations?

SansaClegane Mon 30-Oct-17 12:56:35

I have a cheap Aldi /Lidl one (can’t remember which) that does heart shaped waffles, and a big expensive one that makes square thick waffles. The expensive one is just as much of a PITA to clean if there are spills! I don’t think it makes a difference really it just goes with the territory that they’re tricky to clean.

MothershipG Mon 30-Oct-17 13:29:05

Mine has removable, dishwasher safe waffle plates. It’s a George Forman Evolve grill, does all kinds of stuff and easy to clean.

https://www.georgeforeman.co.uk/family-grills/evolve-grill-21610

OldJoseph Mon 30-Oct-17 16:01:07

Thanks for your replies, the GF one is a bit pricey for me. The Aldi one just has so many cracks / screws and spaces for the waffle mixture to hide in. The plates are easy to clean because they are removable.

MarmiteAndPB Fri 17-Nov-17 11:30:48

There's one that I love the look of, but could never justify because of the outrageous price! It has a special moat at the edges to catch and cook all the leaking batter!

It's such a perfect solution. Why don't other brands do this, but for a more reasonable price? sad

MarmiteAndPB Fri 17-Nov-17 11:33:34

Ooh, Mothership, we have a George Forman of some sort with removable plates. Not sure if it's the Evolve, but I might look into whether we can get waffle plates for it. More justifiable to DH than a dedicated gadget grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now