Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Karcher window cleaner is it worth it?

(19 Posts)
BusyBee2017 Mon 08-May-17 22:44:12

received one as a present and haven't opened it. Is it worth keeping or shall I sell it?

TwoBeams Mon 08-May-17 22:47:08

I'd sell it. Leaves windows streaky, the only thing I ended up using mine for was sooking up the bath/ shower water the kids got everywhere.

myheadsamess Mon 08-May-17 22:49:44

I love mine!

If I'm careful I don't get streaks, and makes the whole window washing ordeal almost ok.

I think it depends on how powerful it is though as my dm bought one after me and it's not as good as mine

myheadsamess Mon 08-May-17 22:50:47

Oh and a hint, after each run down the glass with it I wipe the blade quickly with a cloth. Seems to help with less streaks!

Funnyfarmer Mon 08-May-17 22:51:07

There great at 1st. But after a few uses they leave your glass streaky. I keep mine in the car now. Quick and easy when the windows steam up in the winter or one of the dcs drop a drink

myheadsamess Mon 08-May-17 22:51:21

Sorry, and can use it inside and out. 😂 can you tell I love it

ijustwannadance Mon 08-May-17 22:52:07

I love mine. Bought it as windows in old house had horrific condensation. Used it on tiles and shower screen and also for sucking up spilt drinks off the floor.

Mermaidinthesea123 Mon 08-May-17 22:55:40

I simply cannot understand why they cost so much. I won one in a raffle and have used it twice. It's basically lightweight plastic crap which tries to reinvent the wheel and there is still water all over the floor.
I prefer my trusty squeegee and a bowl of water.

9GreenBottles Mon 08-May-17 22:58:30

Keep it. I love mine.

BusyBee2017 Mon 08-May-17 23:05:50

Thank you all. Still undecided lol

BusyBee2017 Mon 08-May-17 23:06:21

Had it for 18 months and haven't even opened it... I think I should just sell it

Funnyfarmer Tue 09-May-17 06:58:51

If you've had no need to use for 18 months. Sell it. Before the price drops even more

BusyBee2017 Thu 11-May-17 10:12:41

Yes I definitely will

BusyBee2017 Thu 11-May-17 10:13:42

I just find it easier cleaning windows with window cleaner... I clean the outside windows with the same window cleaner but different cloth

And I do each room when I do weekly clean a lot easier

DramaInPyjamas Thu 11-May-17 10:21:14

I won mine in a raffle and it's amazing for supping up the window condensation in winter. I wouldn't be without it now for that reason alone.

chloesmumtoo Thu 11-May-17 10:23:05

For cleaning windows, I cant really comment on as I also don't use it for that. We purchased to get rid condensation on bottom of windows in winter and for drying up the bathroom after showering. My dd literally swamps the bathroom with moisture/steam. Use it to suck water off tiles walls and sometimes ceiling. Would not be without it for that, have killed two already but it gets a lot of work! Helps to prevent mould.

ThePurpleOneWithTheNut Thu 11-May-17 10:25:51

I was wondering about this for the shower door. But what can it do that an ordinary squeegee can't? confused We have hard water and the only thing that gets rid of it is me scrubbing it off.

DuncanDonut Thu 11-May-17 10:28:39

I've been known to squeegee down the small child post bath bath with mine...

ijustwannadance Thu 11-May-17 18:11:35

I use it on car windows too. Mine gets bad condensation on the inside windscreen in winter or if need to clear side windows. Cloths just move the wet around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now