Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Karcher window vac: Does it effortlessly remove limescale from shower doors?

(4 Posts)
ThePurpleOneWithTheNut Wed 29-Mar-17 09:58:26

We have hard water and I'm always in an ongoing battle with the shower door and dried water deposits on it.

With a lot of nagging I've now managed to get everyone to squeedgie the door after showers (well mostly hmm), but I still have to scrub it regularly with various cleaning products. And it's a job I hate too, cos I get wet, bang my head and the cleaning stuff makes me wheezy.

So would a Karcher window vac solve all my problems? Or will I still need to scrub? The advert shows it gliding over glass and leaving it sparkling. But after the disappointment that was my steam cleaner, and which I barely use, I'm dubious as to how effective it could really be.

Advice gratefully received with thanks smile

ThePurpleOneWithTheNut Sun 02-Apr-17 16:32:24

Just thought I'd restart this in the hope a reply.

offblackeggshell Sun 02-Apr-17 16:34:16

No it doesn't sadly. It is just a squeegee that hoovers up the water as it goes. Great if you have condensation imo but not really helping in the shower.

ThePurpleOneWithTheNut Sun 02-Apr-17 16:46:50

Thank you so much! I suspected as much. You've saved me from buying yet another gadget grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now