Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Can anyone recommend saucepans?

(14 Posts)
paranoidmother Sun 26-Mar-17 14:31:20

I've a birthday coming up and DM has offered to buy me a new set of saucepans. The set I have is from Argos and still going strong, basic set and are about 15 years old. I've had tefal pans before and they don't seem to last as long but it might be me!
Any recommendations?

rogueantimatter Mon 27-Mar-17 09:39:49

Judge pots and pans are very good IMO.

scaryteacher Wed 03-May-17 16:37:05

Le Creuset win hands down for me.

antimatter Sat 06-May-17 14:21:41

Depends on how much cooking you are doing, how big is your family, what stove you have etc.
Also how big is the budget!

curvyfrog Sat 06-May-17 14:34:26

Yes! Aim to buy a set of saucepans for life.

A really good set can be bought individually and you can tailor them to your cooking needs.

I have a set of Sellar pans. They are very good quality and will last a life time.
I chose an extremely large stock pan and lid for rice, pasta and stock.
A large saucepan with lid
A medium saucepan with lid
Two jug pans

This combination will serve well for most meals.
My first set (and I did buy this set for life) was purchased 30 years ago, still superb condition. Now donated to charity shops.

Sadly they were not compatible with induction hobs as technology has moved on since the 1980's. The above pans were my replacement set.

A single purchase of a good set of pans will cost around £350-£400 shock!

NannyR Sat 06-May-17 14:39:30

I've got Ikea 365 stainless steel saucepans in three sizes (I don't need these to be non-stick) and a circulon infinity saute pan/wok and frying pan, so fairly cheap (but great quality) saucepans and splashed out on expensive non-stick for frying.

sonlypuppyfat Sat 06-May-17 14:41:07

We've got circulon I really like them

Agoddessonamountaintop Sat 06-May-17 14:43:07

Aga pans are brilliant (we no longer have an Aga). Ours are about ten years old and going strong. The lid design makes them stackable; they can go in the oven, and be used as casserole dishes as well as pans.
Also easy to clean, none of that awful non-stick rubbish.

Stringervest Sat 06-May-17 14:45:08

Circulon Ultimatum. 3 non stick saucepans and a frying pan bought for £170 from Harts of Stur online a few weeks ago with a lifetime guarantee. Suitable for gas and induction hobs. Excellent quality, I'm so pleased with them.

User99573864 Sat 06-May-17 14:51:33

Le Creuset pans, frying pan and griddle. Plus a small non-stick frying pan and a good wok.

I was fortunate to inherit a full set of Le Creuset so mines 30/40 years old and still going strong.

BusyBee2017 Mon 08-May-17 22:32:44

Circulon are brilliant

Whileweareonthesubject Sat 13-May-17 14:02:37

I love circulon. Had a set for many years and would have replaced like for like, but at the time there was an offer at Tesco where you collected vouchers and could then get a significant reduction on the cost of some household products. At that time they had Stainless Steel pans and I bought those. They've actually turned out to be amazing and I wish I'd bought more, but I've never heard of the brand or seen it anywhere else, so, when they eventually die, I'll go back to circulon.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Sat 13-May-17 14:07:48

I have invested recently in the Denby quantanium range of pans and I love them. I still have the Argos stainless steel cheapies from when I moved into my first flat at 18 and they are fine 20 years later but I wanted some non stick and I think these were a good investment.

orzal Sat 13-May-17 14:08:54

Silit pans are expensive but brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now