Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I need a new tumble dryer, is Miele worth it?

(3 Posts)
TheFurryMenace Sun 19-Mar-17 17:55:27

I've had a rubbish Beko condenser dryer for seven years. I've hated it since we got it as its pretty rubbish, and now I feel I can justify buying a new dryer.

Is Miele build quality still as good as it used to be? Is it worth the extra money. We are not terribly well off, so it would be a stretch which Im prepared for if its worth it in the long run.

Thanks

DramaAlpaca Sun 19-Mar-17 18:21:11

I've heard good things about Miele but my budget didn't stretch to large Miele domestic appliances. I do have a Miele vacuum cleaner though, and it's very good.

Instead I went for Bosch and Siemens appliances as they are good quality but not as expensive as Miele, and they have a decent reputation for reliability.

I recently replaced my 20 year old cheapie tumble drier with a Bosch one (though mine is vented, not condenser) and I am very happy with it.

I've a Bosch dishwasher and a Siemens washing machine.

Might be worth a look at those brands?

TheFurryMenace Sun 19-Mar-17 20:45:07

Thank you, yes I have a Bosch dishwasher and washing machine. Thanks for the recommendation, I can't have a vented one though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now