Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Does anyone have a Dualit Toaster? Are they worth it?

(37 Posts)
knackeredinyorkshire Sun 12-Feb-17 16:04:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SillyBub Sun 12-Feb-17 16:06:35

I have a Dualit. It was bought for me as a gift 13 years ago. It toasts bread and bagels perfectly. But there again so has every other toaster I've ever had. I wouldn't buy one with my own money.

Newtssuitcase Sun 12-Feb-17 16:07:05

Yes
No

NotInMyBackYard1 Sun 12-Feb-17 16:09:16

We have the 4 slice architect one - I mean its great, I love the lift feature so I can check on the toast whilst its cooking, it toasts well - kind of important!
If you have the money then do it!

FaFoutis Sun 12-Feb-17 16:09:42

I have one, I think it bought it in a sale, it was a normal price anyway.
It's a toaster, it toasts. It's not worth more than any other toaster.

theclick Sun 12-Feb-17 16:11:13

Yes, but only as we were given a lot of Selfridges vouchers we are having trouble using and we needed a new toaster. I haven't used it yet, but my mum has one and thinks it's fine. Not amazing, but fine. Costco sometimes have them cheap.

NannyR Sun 12-Feb-17 16:12:45

The ones I've used in houses I've worked in have toasted the bread quite unevenly, as in you need to pop it halfway and flip it round a bit to avoid white bits.
I don't eat toast that often so I just bought a cheap toaster from Tesco (think it was around £15) and I would say it makes just as good toast as the dualits I've used. True, it doesn't look as good but I keep it in a cupboard so that's not a problem.

junglie Sun 12-Feb-17 16:12:49

Mines 13 years old and I've replaced the timer myself once. Other than that no problems ever. It was quite expensive but I like the look of it. In that time I'm onto my second dulit kettle so the quality seems good.

BobbinThreadbare123 Sun 12-Feb-17 16:14:27

We have a Dualit toaster and kettle, the Architect ones. Very nice, much more solid than my previous Breville stuff (which was nice enough). We got them in a sale.

knackeredinyorkshire Sun 12-Feb-17 16:14:27

knackeredinyorkshire Sun 12-Feb-17 16:15:53

lastnightiwenttomanderley Sun 12-Feb-17 16:17:13

Not only are they excellent quality, they are (unlike many similar appliances) designed and built to be fixed if and when they do break.

SheDancesOnTheSand Sun 12-Feb-17 16:18:32

I work in retail and Manage the home and electrical section - hands down Dualit is one of the better brands to buy purely based on how few we have returned faulty! (Their guarantee is good too!)

Lunaballoon Sun 12-Feb-17 16:19:13

Absolutely love ours. Perfect toast every time!

frenchfancy Sun 12-Feb-17 16:19:16

We have one. It must be 15+ years old. It is worth it if your toasters only last 2 years. If mine broke I wouldn't replace it - I would mend it. The parts are easily accessible and they give you instructions how to do it yourself.

Monkeyface26 Sun 12-Feb-17 16:20:08

Got one for a wedding present 17 years ago. It has done great work without a single problem and we eat a lot of toast.
I have burnt more toast with it than with other toasters though. It doesn't switch off/pop up automatically so if you get distracted, it will keep on toasting until the smoke alarm reminds you.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sun 12-Feb-17 16:21:51

I have one...I love it, but you have to be prepared to treat it like a family pet. I think mine is a two slot vario...it's cream
but the timer is fecked and it browns slightly more on the inside than the outside, so you have to do complicated lift and turn manoeuvres with the bread...but i love it nontheless.

I does make nicer toast than cheapo toasters, properly toasted and not just surface brown.
I also have the sandwich cages which are mostly used for crumpets or small bits of fruitbread.

ggirl Sun 12-Feb-17 16:24:23

we've had for about 12 years and it toast very unevenly
sometimes one side doesn't toast at all
quite annoying

don't know if that can be fixed ??

Newtssuitcase Sun 12-Feb-17 16:24:41

Sorry
Yes I have one and no it isn't worth the money. Its a toaster and it toasts... It is a better toaster than many others but still not worth the money.

SoupDragon Sun 12-Feb-17 16:30:43

My Dualit toaster is coming up to 20 years old. It's fabulous. I've replaced two elements (and that's neither difficult nor expensive) in that time but that's it.

I do believe some of the newer ones are not as good though.

SoupDragon Sun 12-Feb-17 16:32:47

Yes, a cheap toaster would toast just as well but it probably isn't repairable or as long lasting.

Jinglebellsarenearlyhere Sun 12-Feb-17 16:49:55

Totally love mine. Have had it for years and I usually break everything. The grill thing accessories are fantastic for toasting wonkily cut bread. And lastly tis in my opinion the only toaster that that's from frozen effectively.

NotInMyBackYard1 Sun 12-Feb-17 16:50:59

knackered about 18 months - along with the matching kettle. No problems with either so far and in our household of 5 it is used twice a day every day I should say

smilingsarahb Sun 12-Feb-17 16:55:08

We got given one 13 years ago. It still works well and looks new. The toast is no different than any other toaster, but we used to break them about every 2 to 3 years.

Flippingecktucker Sun 12-Feb-17 16:57:09

I've had my dualit for 21 years, never had to fix anything. I would never pay that much again though, I've no idea why I did then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now