Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Swan Vintage Teasmade, help!

(6 Posts)
Loopsdefruits Wed 25-Jan-17 23:38:05

Ok, so, I got a teasmade for christmas and millennial that I am I am totally stumped with how to set the silly alarm. It's an analogue clock, and it just has one red hand for the alarm, do you just put it on the number you want to be woken at (e.g. 7 for 7am) what if you need a 'half hour' like 6.30? Do you put it halfway between the 6 and 7? Will it 'go off' twice in the day? I like my digital 24 hour clock lol

Also, if anyone has one of these, the buttons on the top there is a knob for setting the clock, and one for the alarm, then another picture of hands...with what looks like a button??

The instructions are crap and I just want tea in the morning lol

Manumission Wed 25-Jan-17 23:40:24

* do you just put it on the number you want to be woken at (e.g. 7 for 7am) what if you need a 'half hour' like 6.30? Do you put it halfway between the 6 and 7?*

Yes and yes smile Can't help you with the knob, sorry.

Loopsdefruits Wed 25-Jan-17 23:42:20

Thank you :D I'll survive not knowing about the knob/button, I feel like such a dafty over the alarm, but then I suppose each generation has a different skill set smile

Manumission Wed 25-Jan-17 23:45:16

You're about the third person to say something like to me that recently grin I guess middle age has arrived for me smile

LBOCS2 Wed 25-Jan-17 23:46:34

Does the button not turn the alarm on and off?

Loopsdefruits Wed 25-Jan-17 23:49:28

The buttons to turn alarm on/off tea function on/off/set are at the bottom, next to the clock face. The 'clock controls' are on top of the machine, one with a picture of clock hands to set the time, one with a picture of bell to set alarm, then another picture of clock hands with what looks like a button, but as far as I can tell you can't actually press anything or turn anything so total shrug haha confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now