Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Shoud my iron have this wire?

(5 Posts)
ThinkPinkStink Mon 09-Jan-17 11:07:40

Sorry to be such a bore but I just noticed a wire in the water tank of my iron (I believe it's a Sainsbury's own brand one).

The wire appears to power the red light - fair enough. But I've never noticed it before, so has it just come loose (i.e should it be insulated and not directly in the water)? Or am I as is highly likely over thinking it?

The iron:

ThinkPinkStink Mon 09-Jan-17 11:08:53

The wire:

Foldedtshirt Mon 09-Jan-17 11:10:13

I think it's a sensor? Rings a bell, but surely someone more authoritative will be along soon.

ImperialBlether Mon 09-Jan-17 11:11:37

I've just checked mine and can't see a wire.

I can't really see it on yours - is it an actual wire or something to judge whether there's water in it?

ThinkPinkStink Mon 09-Jan-17 11:20:13

Thanks both.

Imperial I believe it's a wire, the red light shows when the iron has not yet reached your desired temp (one, two or three dots). I think the wire tells the light when to show based on the temp dial above (as it seems to run between the two).

It might have been there forever but I can't remember seeing it before dons rubber gloves to iron

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now