Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Food mixer and food processor combined - which Kenwood

(8 Posts)
JellyBellies Mon 14-Nov-16 15:43:34

Hi, I am looking for a food mixer and processor combined. I like the look of the kenwood. But there are so many different types! Which one should I buy?

mumonashoestring Mon 14-Nov-16 15:45:40

Avoid any of the ones that have plastic whisk attachments! I mostly love my Kenwood (think it's the FP582) but it can't really cope with anything more than egg whites for whisking. I tried making royal icing in it last year and the whisk attachments buckled and are now useless. If you can find one with metal attachments/fixings then go with that!

JellyBellies Mon 14-Nov-16 15:48:17

Good tip, thanks! I looked at the kenwood prospero, but that discontinued.

Looked at the multione but I don't need a mincer, a juicer etc

But the others like the chef and the titanium are so expensive. Why?

JellyBellies Mon 14-Nov-16 18:28:50

Having read a lot, the titanium looks amazing. But the price!

JellyBellies Tue 15-Nov-16 12:40:33

Anyone?

mumonashoestring Tue 15-Nov-16 13:01:07

You made me curious and I read a few reviews last night - apparently the difference is that the Kenwood Chef (and Kitchenaid) ranges are made for serious, regular bakers/chefs so the materials used are more robust, the motors are more powerful. Basically it's just slightly better quality all over which means every single bit is a bit more expensive.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Tue 15-Nov-16 13:19:33

I have a multi one, it's great except the whisk doesn't catch everything up quite so well in the bottom of the bowl as in my old Kitchenaid.

JellyBellies Tue 15-Nov-16 14:02:32

I read that the wattage was higher as well which I think makes a difference. I don't want many different machines. So I think if I buy a chef, I can get rid of my food processor and blender.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now