Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What are the best pans/ frying pans

(16 Posts)
MummyV18 Tue 11-Oct-16 21:50:25

I really need new cookware but I want something that will last.
I want it to be dishwasher safe.
I also want it to be non stick although would stainless steel be better? Is ceramic any good?
Any suggestions? 😊

Ferguson Mon 28-Nov-16 20:21:11

We have Tower stainless steel pans; non-stick coatings are good when new, but will deteriorate over time. I think we have had ours 20years, and you can scour to clean if necessary.

Prestige stainless are also good, though dearer. And M&S do good quality items.

starving Mon 23-Jan-17 23:17:48

I love my circulon pans. My first lot lasted 20 years. I only got new ones as they were not dishwasher safe. My next lot are grin Had them for 3 years now

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Mon 23-Jan-17 23:20:05

I've just had new ceramic pans from Sainsburys (Salter brand) and they are fab. Also treated myself to a Denby saute pan. So far so good.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 23-Jan-17 23:20:44

Stellar

DarthMaiden Tue 16-May-17 22:09:02

Mine are Stellar and going on 15 years old.

They still look fantastic.

Gingerbreadmam Tue 16-May-17 22:11:08

love my tefal ones.

MummaGiles Tue 16-May-17 22:13:23

Love love love my circulon pans

RedastheRose Tue 16-May-17 22:15:53

I have circulon pans and love them. Dishwasher safe and the non stick coating is very hardwearing provided you don't use metal implements.

123MothergotafleA Tue 16-May-17 22:16:31

Mine are Prestige circa 1970s, belonged to Mil, and no sign of wearing out. I like them a lot, and I also like my Le Creuset for stews and the like.
If anyone can recommend a superb quality frying pan, I would be interested.

JaneEyre70 Tue 16-May-17 22:24:29

I'm on my second set of Stellar....the first ones lasted about 12 years with daily use and going through the dishwasher. They hold the heat amazingly, come up really clean and are completely non stick without the horrid lining that works off. I got the last set from TK Maxx at a quarter of the price which was even better. Also I have a Stellar frying pan that is just wonderful - whether for fry ups or pancakes.
I do have a set of Le Creuset that I was given but the wooden handles mean they aren't dishwasher safe and I tend to use them as extras. They look amazing however!! I have a blue enamel range and the orange set of pans.

Whoohoo75 Wed 31-May-17 21:54:10

Stellar 1000. The first thing I bought with my work bonus in the late 90's. Going on 20 years later and they are still working amazingly. I have added to my collection over the years with two different sizes of stock/ casserole pot and a steamer basket which were essential additions with a growing family and a random purchase of a 'milk jug' which I'm not sure has ever been used if I'm honest grin

www.stellarcookware.co.uk/Ranges/Stellar-1000.html

TheBitterBoy Thu 01-Jun-17 18:45:24

I love my Stellar pans - my set has draining holes in the lids, my colander is practically redundant since I got them!

BigGreenOlives Thu 01-Jun-17 18:47:29

Scanpan are really good, as are Evatrio (some of mine are coming up to 30 and still look good).

stream26 Thu 15-Jun-17 11:23:55

We have a few Raymond Blanc pans from John Lewis. Got them as a present 10 years ago and apart from a few black bits on the outsides where spills have been fired on, they're all like brand new. It's like they made out of non-stick, rather than just non-stick coated.Often we do most of our cooking on the weber barbecue outside. When we do cook indoors we usually use an electric cozzy fry pan.

Silverstreaks Thu 10-Aug-17 09:13:00

I can definitely recommend Salter Marble frying pans. I bought one for a long camping trip and it is now in the kitchen permanently. It is fantastic. Does not stick and you can cook many things with no oil at all.
It is so much better than the two different sized frying pans we bought from John Lewis. The JL stainless steel pan set are robust, heavy and easy to clean but the frying pans let them down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now