Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Kodi Box

(9 Posts)
4267sparkles Tue 04-Oct-16 13:46:08

Hello can anyone recommend a Kodi box to buy that doesnt cost a fortune and will work more than a handful of times 😠

A friend said to look on Amazon but Im clueless with technology and there are so many different ones 😨😨

Thanking you!!

JellyBellies Mon 14-Nov-16 15:49:08

Um, what's kodi box?

crystalgall Mon 14-Nov-16 16:01:11

Kodi is an illegal (?) program uploaded onto firesticks and then sold on eBay
It allows users to stream content like new episodes of tv shows in the US.
Is that what you mean OP?

Ebbenmeowgi Mon 14-Nov-16 16:04:48

It's not illegal (they sell them on amazon and all over the place). A friend recommended the nex box, that's the one I'm planning to get.

LouisvilleLlama Mon 14-Nov-16 16:17:55

Well the programme itself isn't illegal which is how it's sold, but the things you can do with it break or at least are on the very grey side I believe of copyright, as you aren't torrenting it to pirate the material, you'd be streaming it.

Eyre89 Mon 14-Nov-16 16:20:06

We bought a new Sony TV and the app is uploaded as one of the default apps. We were really surprised that Sony did that? Most of the people I've seen that had boxes have had them break really easy

LouisvilleLlama Mon 14-Nov-16 16:23:02

Yeah I'm surprised Sony would do that, can see why it's original purpose as a media centre is quite powerful and aesthetically pleasing

HerOtherHalf Mon 14-Nov-16 16:26:10

Kodi needs periodic maintenance to keep it working. Buy a standard fire stick or box from Amazon and learn to install and configure kodi yourself. It's not hard and you'll then have the knowledge to maintain it yourself. Buying a preloaded box is just a waste of money in the long run.

Eyre89 Mon 14-Nov-16 16:51:29

Yeah it automatically updates on the tv.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now