Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Any recommendations for cordless hoover

(17 Posts)
waitingforgodot Sun 14-Feb-16 08:23:01

I need one to clean out my very messy car! Would also use it to hoover up crumbs etc after dinner. Any recommendations?

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 14-Feb-16 08:29:12

Lurking with interest. My friend has a Vax upright cordless which she swears by. You can remove part of it so it's more portable for stairs or the car. She says it's very good.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 14-Feb-16 08:29:52

I had been thinking of a Bosch one which I read good reviews about but friend says I should get the Vax.

waitingforgodot Sun 14-Feb-16 08:44:15

It looks quite big-trying to watch videos to see what bit you can remove. We are so rock n roll-talking hoovers on a Sunday morning!

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 14-Feb-16 09:03:30

Ive sent friend a message asking her which model number it is as there's loads on Amazon and im confused. I liked that it had a removable battery to charge it so you don't have to hang the whole machine into a charging point. Plus you can buy a spare battery.

LogicalTest Sun 14-Feb-16 09:04:12

I'm always tempted by the AIR RAM advert but never know if anyone has had one or if they're any good??

TheToys Sun 14-Feb-16 09:04:22

Bosh Athlet. I never use our Henry anymore.

SweepTheHalls Sun 14-Feb-16 09:04:32

Love my Dyson

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 14-Feb-16 09:12:43

It's this one. www.vax.co.uk/vacuum-cleaners/cordless-vacuum-cleaners/air-cordless-lift-off-vacuum-cleaner-1

Free steam mop if you buy from Vax as well.

BikeRunSki Sun 14-Feb-16 09:16:04

I've got an AirRam. The main large Hoover is excellent, but it would be too large to do a car. There is also a small hand held one, but it's not half as good.

KP86 Sun 14-Feb-16 09:17:04

I have a Russell Hobbs from Amazon. It's pretty good, my only complaint would be that hair gets caught up in the head so it has to be cleaned half way through vacuuming the flat. It's easy enough to do, only takes a minute or two.

That aside, the battery life is great (30 mins), it has a very good stand that stays in the corner of the room, there's a detachable handheld cleaner and two attachments for crevices and a little brush.

It's great for hard floors and ok on carpets. If we had lots of carpet it wouldn't be cope as our full time vacuum.

Not bad value for about £95.

IamTheWhoreofBabylon Sun 14-Feb-16 09:19:34

Bosch athlet
It's the best thing I've ever bought. My friend is selling her cordless Dyson to buy one

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 14-Feb-16 09:24:25

The reviews for Bosch athlet say something about strapping part of it round your body to do the stairs. I can't see any pictures. I take it it's like the Vax then and part of it removes?

TheToys Sun 14-Feb-16 09:29:24

I don't know exactly how it works as have never used the attachments (no stairs or car). But for a partly carpeted, partly wooden floored flat the Bosch works as our only vacuum cleaner and the flat has never been cleaner.

TheToys Sun 14-Feb-16 09:30:58

Have owned other similar ones before that, which all died after a short time.

malin100 Sun 22-May-16 20:34:06

I got the Dyson v6 Total Clean in the end and love it. It's my main/only vacuum cleaner now for a 2 up, 2 down house, stairs, cars, etc. I originally wanted the Athlet but I use attachments all the time for skirting, dusting, stairs and cars and the Athlet looked like a massive faff.

Mine was pricy (about £430 full price I think) but I they do a sake every month or two at Dyson and also at Curry's etc. It went to £299 at Curry's so I got Dyson to price match as they add on free tools and better guarantee etc as well as free delivery.

malin100 Sun 22-May-16 20:34:35

Oops! Just realised this was from February - bit late now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now