Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Oak furniture land insurance worth buying?

(6 Posts)
Honeymonster01 Mon 11-Jan-16 23:08:13

Have ordered a(for us) rather expensive dresser from oak furniture land but not bought the insurance policy, despite lots of chat about the risk of furniture warping and cracking as wood adjusts to conditions in our house. Anyone know if policy is worth the money, or have we made the right choice?

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Mon 11-Jan-16 23:21:33

Well ours arrived cracked and damaged. Twice. They wouldn't send us a third one because apparently they couldn't keep sending them free delivery so they refunded us instead. Useless twats if you ask me. I'd try your own insurance.

zipzap Mon 11-Jan-16 23:59:03

no idea about oak furnitureland sorry - but sounds like they are lining you up to expect shoddy furniture and for them to benefit from it whether or not you do get problems...

Surely if you get an expensive dresser that's supposed to be a good quality one that's going to last a long time, and you don't have a house that is excessively hot/cold/dry/damp but falls into the broad 'normal' living conditions then if it does warp or crack then it should be covered under the sale of goods act?

SpeechlessInSeattle Tue 12-Jan-16 00:12:20

All my furniture are really old pieces - 80years + - that I have restored one way or another. Not one of them has a warp or crack on any surface.

I would say that as well as the policy not being worth the money, that neither is their furniture.

LovelyFriend Tue 12-Jan-16 00:51:21

They are either telling you their product is rubbish, or trying to rip you off with a silly insurance (which will be a massive income bonus for them). Ask them which is it grin

It would put me off buying from them altogether

Honeymonster01 Tue 12-Jan-16 21:42:15

Thanks all. My husband is suitably cynical about these policies but I am a bit of a soft touch. Thanks for the reality check!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now