Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tassimo coffee maker

(27 Posts)
chocolateshoes Sun 20-Dec-15 08:24:23

Have seen they're on sale and am thinking of treating myself. Would you recommend one? There's so many I don't really know which to get?

Squeegle Sun 20-Dec-15 08:27:41

I think they're pretty good. I got the cheapest one. They are easy to use and especially good if you're just doing 1 or 2 drinks. The kids like their own hot chocolates. Mind you the cartridges are quite expensive.

chocolateshoes Sun 20-Dec-15 08:29:56

Thanks Which one is yours Squeegle?

INeedNewShoes Sun 20-Dec-15 08:30:22

There's a Tassimo machine in my office at work. I've tried four different pods and I don't like the coffee it makes - it has a specific Tassimo flavour regardless of the brand of the pod and is quite feeble in flavour. It's nowhere near as nice as filter coffee. I have a filter coffee machine at home. It cost £40 and I can use proper fresh coffee in it at less cost than pods.

frikadela01 Sun 20-Dec-15 08:30:53

I love mine. I have the cheapest one £35 from argos. It works exactly the same as my mum's which was upwards of £100.

You can get costa Americano or kenco columbian pods from amazon for £15 for 80 pods.

Squeegle Sun 20-Dec-15 08:32:52

this one I think

chocolateshoes Sun 20-Dec-15 08:49:11

Mmmm oh I don't know what to do! Thanks for your help. Also need to convince DH!

Squeegle Sun 20-Dec-15 09:29:38

Ps, I think it's just as nice as filter coffee, if not nicer, so I reckon you should go for it :-)

Savagebeauty Sun 20-Dec-15 09:31:00

I've had a tassimo for 3 years..I only drink Costa Americano and its great. Dd has one at uni too.

stupidgreatgrinonmyface Sun 20-Dec-15 09:43:20

I've had the one Squeegle linked to for about 18 months. I got it because someone on MN had a voucher code which meant I got it for £35 direct from Tassimo. I wouldn't be without it now. I use it several times every day. I like the fact that I can have different coffees, which I find do taste different to each other. I like the fact that each coffee is consistent from pod to pod. I don't have to worry about storig it to stop it going stale. I am the only coffee drinker in my house so the convenience of being able to make one decent coffee at a time is great. Even dc who cannot make even instant coffee, can't fail with this! I love it and if/when it eventually dies, I will replace it even if I have to pay full price for the next one.

chocolateshoes Sun 20-Dec-15 11:27:43

Ohhhh you're selling it to me!

chocolateshoes Sun 20-Dec-15 11:35:10

Ok, have put it in shopping basket! Any recommendations for which pods. We tend to drink reasonably strong black coffee, not quite as strong as espresso and longer

Floralnomad Sun 20-Dec-15 11:37:34

I have a tassimo , I like the lattes and the macchiatos but I'm not really a strong coffee drinker . The Russian tea is lovely as well .

chocolateshoes Sun 20-Dec-15 11:43:51

Ordered the Tassimo! To be collected tomorrow. Now really stuck on which pods to buy. We don't like anything milky.

FedUpWithBriiiiiick Sun 20-Dec-15 11:54:06

Re: T-Discs

We like the Petit Dejeuner & the 100% Colombian here (I'm a black coffee drinker too)

The website is pretty good for descriptions and things, sign up for the email for discounts etc.

Sainsburys usually has good offers on them too!

FedUpWithBriiiiiick Sun 20-Dec-15 11:55:57

Oops forgot the link! You can filter by cup size, roast...

ink{http://www.tassimo.co.uk/drinks-range/c-117/?SearchParameter=%26%40QueryTerm%3D*\www.tassimo.co.uk/drinks-range/c-117/?SearchParameter=%26%40QueryTerm%3D]]*}

Essexgirlupnorth Sun 20-Dec-15 12:00:28

Amazon, eBay or sometimes groupon do packs where you get one pod of each type so you can see what you like. I don't drink coffee so can't recommend but like the Cadbury's and milka hot chocolate.

Squeegle Sun 20-Dec-15 13:34:25

I always drink the costa Americano

chocolateshoes Sun 20-Dec-15 13:47:58

Thanks for the advice! Off to research.

YouMakeMyDreams Sun 20-Dec-15 13:52:00

We sometimes buy the espresso then you cam press the button to top it up for a larger stronger coffee that's isn't quite as strong as an espresso.
We have bought some random bargains in b&m as well and like pp said amazon are good for assorted packs of different types.

FedUpWithBriiiiiick Sun 20-Dec-15 13:56:28

YouMake you can get t-discs in B&M? I'm must take a look! Thanks for tip smile

stupidgreatgrinonmyface Sun 20-Dec-15 14:01:00

I like the 100% Columbian, the Costa American and the Petit Dejeuner. Also have the Kenco medium roast for guests who don't want such strong coffee. When you have tried some and settled on your favourite, check Amazon subscribe and save- I get a delivery once a month and it works out that I get five packs for about what I'd pay for four in Tesco.

Imnotaslimjim Sun 20-Dec-15 16:14:54

I love my Tassimo. What I really like about it is you can alter the strength. If I'm in need of a stronger coffee (college assignment to get through) I can just add an extra espresso

I really like the petit dejeuner and the 100% columbian. They do multi packs on the website, and if you register with them you get voucher codes and discounts

chocolateshoes Sun 20-Dec-15 20:49:28

I think I'll try the Petit Déj & the 100% Colombian to start with. And an espresso. Am getting excited!

HelloItsMeAgain Sat 09-Jan-16 22:36:42

Just for anyone with a Tassimo - you can recycle the foil outer packaging and all the discs here : www.terracycle.co.uk/en-UK/brigades/the-tassimo-brigade-r

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now