Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Hoover that's good for picking up HUMAN Hair??

(9 Posts)
mrsbabookaloo Mon 30-Nov-15 22:27:10

Why do all hoover descriptions and hoover reviews talk about pet hair, but never about human hair? Should I assume that a hoover that's designed to pick up pet hair will also be good at human hair?

Do people just not like to mention human hair because it's a bit gross? My carpet is covered in my hair; I have very thick hair that is always falling out, and I need a hoover that will actually hoover it up!!

Any recommendations?

Loula117 Mon 30-Nov-15 22:30:59

Mine, if what you mean by 'picking it up' is wrapping round the beater bar and requiring 10 minutes of detangling after hoovering one room! I removed at least a hamster sized ball of it earlier -ugh!

So I second your enquiry!

mrsbabookaloo Mon 30-Nov-15 22:35:39

Exactly! Or, my current one sort of gathers the hair into clumps on the carpet, but doesn't actually pick it up. I have to go round afterwards and pick up the clumps.

GlowWine Mon 30-Nov-15 22:37:55

Well I've got a (ageing) Miele 'cat & dog' cylinder type vacuum and it's dealing well with my kids' long long hair. You periodically have to clean the brush head by hand, but it works well. I suppose pet hair is more visible and possibly shorter than human hair and thus harder to pick up, so advertising dwells on it more? I would say any type with a rotating brush should be able to cope.

mrsbabookaloo Mon 30-Nov-15 23:00:51

We had a Miele cat and dog: we somehow broke it!

MummySparkle Mon 30-Nov-15 23:05:23

<sniggers at last post> hilarious if you read it out of context grin

We have a dyson, I know it was a pet one. It's a pull along one as opposed to an upright. It does a pretty good job of my hair that falls out all of the time, and the dog hair too.

My mums Hoover when I lived at home was shocking. I had a cream carpet and long dark hair. Periodically is have to go around on my hands and knees making circles with my fingernails on the carpet. This picked up what seemed like an entire rug's worth of hair from the carpet! It didn't look like much on the floor until it was in my hand blush I vowed always to own a decent Hoover from that day forward!

Floralnomad Mon 30-Nov-15 23:07:14

My current favourite hoover is a cordless Bosch Athlet and that copes well with my DDs long ,moulting hair .

mrsbabookaloo Wed 02-Dec-15 18:48:21

Thanks mummysparkle and floralnomad. Will look up the Bosch athlet. Any more recommendations?

Kpo58 Sun 06-Dec-15 17:52:08

If you have a Dyson, the Dyson Tangle-Free Turbine Tool attachment (which should come on all new animal vacuums) is good for long human hair (DH says I molt hmm) as the hair dosn't get wrapped round a bar like in normal floor attachments.

I think that it can also be bought separately, though it can be a bit small for large floors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now