Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine?

(12 Posts)
torthecatlady Sat 07-Nov-15 12:18:09

Hi MN's

Our bridesmaid and usher (a couple) have bought us a dolce gusto coffee machine as a wedding gift - yay!

We love fancy coffees. Does anyone have any tips when using the machine, or where the best place is to buy pods? Or even suggested flavours?

I noticed they do "skinny" versions, i usually order these when in a coffee shop, do they taste ok?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Costacoffeeplease Sat 07-Nov-15 12:21:30

I haven't tried the skinny versions but really like the cafe au lait pods - and they're only one pod per coffee, as opposed to the cappuccinos etc which need 2, so work out more economical

exexpat Sat 07-Nov-15 12:26:01

You can get most of the pods in large supermarkets, but if you go online there are some things on their own website that you can't get in the shops (e.g. decaf versions). Your machine probably came with an introductory voucher to get money off in the online shop.

I have one and only use the plain coffee pods, not the milky ones as I much prefer to add my own real milk than have the artificial/sweetened stuff added with the pods, but that is a matter of taste. The hot chocolate is quite good.

torthecatlady Sat 07-Nov-15 13:42:05

Thanks Costa! I did notice some need two pods for some of them... Instead of using a milk pod in this case, can you add normal milk? The cafe au lait does sound pretty good.

torthecatlady Sat 07-Nov-15 13:46:06

Hi exexpat, yes we got a £10 voucher in the box. Most packs on the website at £3.99 for a box of 8. Good to know they're in the supermarket though! I'm thinking club-card points ;)

I hear you in regards to the artificially sweet comment, i'll bear this in mind.

Which chocolate one is good? There seems to be a couple of chocolatey ones smile

Qwertybynature Sat 07-Nov-15 13:53:31

I bought one for my dh. He orders his online and they seem quite good value. Most of his are Lungo (which I quite like and I'm not a coffee drinker), espresso and another strong one (forgot the name sorry). It's lasted 4 years so far and still works fine with no signs of ageing.
Congratulations too flowers

Iliketeaagain Sat 07-Nov-15 14:15:59

If you search on amazon, you can get big bags of pods which can work out a little cheaper than the boxes in the supermarket.

torthecatlady Sat 07-Nov-15 14:51:41

Thanks qwerty grin
Tea - useful tip! I'll have a look on amazon smile thanks!

bruffin Sat 07-Nov-15 15:00:48

The cheapest place to get the pods is the amazon subscribe and save which is 3 for £9.97. otherwise the dolce gusto website. Ocado sometimes do 3 for £9 but not very often.
Most of the big bags on amazon and ebay are really expensive usually twuce as much as supermarket so be careful.
We dont bother with the flavoured ones and buy coffee syrups instead. My ds likes the cafe aulait and dd likes the chai.

MicheleWeinberger Sat 07-Nov-15 15:03:53

Asda sometimes do 3 for £10.

Qwertybynature Sat 07-Nov-15 15:10:18

Sorry online is really vague; he orders from the dolce gusto website!

bruffin Sun 08-Nov-15 11:30:39

Forgot to say the ones with the milk pods are the ones with frothy tops ie cappuccinos or lattes. The milk come out as froth. The cafe au lait has a bit of a froth on top but its brown not white

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now