Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What duvet should I buy?

(10 Posts)
bamalam Mon 27-Jul-15 17:51:59

Completely stumped on this. OH and I have been sleeping under an ancient old thing for YONKS and I've decided it's Time To Change, especially if I can nab something in all of the sales on at the moment.

Problem is that I can't decide what we should shift to!
Feather seems lovely but I think not washing would bug me.
Wool? Silk? Microfibre? Or do I just suck it up and go with a feather/down one and just get better at airing?

RealHuman Tue 28-Jul-15 10:41:56

I like my wool duvet. Polyester is sweaty and DP's allergies preclude down or feather. The wool doesnt have the loft of feather or polyester though.

bilbodog Tue 28-Jul-15 11:45:09

I've had a wool one since getting married as DH had one already and loved it so much have recently replaced it with another. They are gorgeous - cool and light in summer but still warm in winter - I just put a bedspread on as well to give a bit more weight in winter. Supposed to be very good for allergies as well.

PennilynLott Tue 28-Jul-15 11:58:29

I could do with one too. Never heard of wool can you wash it? Where's best to buy from?

RealHuman Tue 28-Jul-15 12:52:46

I bought mine from duvet and pillow warehouse, which is now soakandsleep.com

I haven't tried washing it. It doesnt seem to get smelly like polyester.

PennilynLott Tue 28-Jul-15 16:28:35

Thanks ill give them a go as we need new covers anyway and I was thinking of getting them there.
I'm allergic to wool but presumably this is a different kind of wool? Also allergic to feathers. Might turn out to be a polyester kind of person.

RealHuman Tue 28-Jul-15 16:49:32

As far as I'm aware it's the usual sort of wool - I wouldn't fancy sleeping under it if I was allergic to wool TBH, as it does still have that distinctive slight woolly smell.

bamalam Thu 30-Jul-15 16:19:49

Ahhhh I ordered from soakandsleep that RealHuman said and it's AMAZING! Arrived already despite choosing standard delivery and I now can't WAIT for bedtime tonight!! THANK YOU flowers

Definitely a wool convert. Mine says washable at 30 - not sure if that's just just this brand or across the board but I'm seriously impressed.

Can't get over the prices on the site. I might refurnish my bedroom!

bamalam Thu 30-Jul-15 16:21:00

Pennilyn they have some anti allergy ones on the site?

RealHuman Thu 30-Jul-15 19:53:30

Hooray, that was quick!

Now to collect my commission grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now