Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help! Bread Maker Cock Up!

(7 Posts)
EEvans Sun 26-Jul-15 11:18:19

Argh! I've just noticed 2hrs in to a 5hr fruit loaf programme that I didn't change the size to medium! So I'm doing a medium loaf and it's on the XL setting! It's a Panasonic one.

Any thoughts? Will it be ok? Shall I abandon it now?
What's the worst that will happen?

poisonedbypen Sun 26-Jul-15 11:24:46

it'll be fine

SoupDragon Sun 26-Jul-15 11:25:15

I don't think it makes a difference at all.

LittlePoot Sun 26-Jul-15 11:26:24

I'd give it a go and see! I guess for a bigger loaf it would stir more then cook for longer. The stirring shouldn't hurt? It just might get a bit overcooked. Maybe have a quick peek with five or ten mins to go and whip it out if it's getting too brown.

EEvans Sun 26-Jul-15 11:31:12

Thanks folks. Strangely when you google " I'm baking a medium on XL" I seem to be the only person in the world that's ever done it!

Good plan on the checking near the end.

So annoyed! It's my first attempt at a fruit loaf and i'm gonna be gutted if it's rubbish! Oh, these first world problems....wink winkwink

GlowWine Sun 26-Jul-15 11:35:24

It will get an extra 5mins or so cooking time. Should be fine but you could keep an eye on it at the end and just take it out if you think it's getting too dark.

EEvans Sun 26-Jul-15 11:49:33

Fingers crossed it turns out ok! There's a lesson learned about multi-tasking! Or can I get away with blaming baby brain... wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now