Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Vax vacuum cleaners.... GGGGRRRRRRRRR

(7 Posts)
EasyToEatTiger Thu 23-Jul-15 21:39:56

I'm on the 5th one in 2 years and the belt has broken. There is no sensible way that I can open it up without breaking it. Am I alone in having a really shit time with these machines? I am so fed up with that company. Really, really poor design.

LIZS Thu 23-Jul-15 21:43:41

We gave up on ours after the second belt broke in about 6 weeks and when put back together the adjuster for the brush bar didn't work. You need a very skinny long handled screwdriver to remove the screws on the base and ideally X-ray vision to guide it accurately.

EasyToEatTiger Fri 24-Jul-15 14:36:23

I eventually managed to fix the belt, 3 phone calls and an email later, + an extra hour of fiddling around. It has been said that if you enjoy Mecano and maybe have a degree in engineering, a Vax is for you. I am no longer a student and it is a very long time since I took things apart to see how they worked.

rabbit123 Sun 26-Jul-15 21:41:01

remember the days when belts were easy to replace and you could pick them up from a little local vac shop? The belts always go on vacs eventually, but they used to be dead easy to change. I suppose Vax must be making them with crap belts in the hope that you'll just buy a new one. Seem's pointless when a new belt only costs a couple of quid

rabbit123 Sun 26-Jul-15 21:41:51

Sebo vacuums guaruntee the belt for the life of the machine, so they might be worth looking at in the future.

EasyToEatTiger Thu 30-Jul-15 18:38:53

Just had 2 belts sent to me. Both are now broken. I have taken this sodding machine to bits so many times. I hate Vax. I have told them that they should stop selling shit. 5 machines in 2 years. Luckily I did not have a Vax before or I would have been on number 15. They have just kept me hanging on the phone for 15 minutes, then it's the end of the day for them. Well done Vax.

EasyToEatTiger Thu 30-Jul-15 18:39:45

Vax belts are £7.99. That's a lot of money for an elastic band that lasts less than 5 minutes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now