Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Knackered mattresses, can't afford to replace

(7 Posts)
curlyclaz13 Sun 21-Jun-15 22:23:36

Our mattresses is knackered and causing dp back pain, we can't afford to replace it for a few months so I was wondering about a memory foam topper. I have found an eBay shop that does a 3inch deep one for around £40. Is this likely to be absolutely rubbish? This will be short term, around 4 months probably.

Guyropes Sun 21-Jun-15 22:26:00

Why is it causing back pain though? I would guess its to do will overall structure bit being supportive enough. A memory foam topper will stop a cheap mattress being uncomfortable.

Guyropes Sun 21-Jun-15 22:26:50

Bit= not

curlyclaz13 Sun 21-Jun-15 22:47:30

Well, we think that's the cause, wakes up with pain, subsides during day and was better while we were away. It is pretty lumpy blush

makemineapinot Mon 17-Aug-15 18:36:46

I bought my daughter a memory fi mattress topper for £30 (single bed) to combat a lumpy mattress. Herbed is now dead comfy so it worked for us!

SwearyGodmother Mon 17-Aug-15 18:40:12

The mattress topper we bought made our bed worse (a John Lewis one) because it slipped around on the mattress and one of us ended up half on/half off the topper.

Where are you based? If you want a King Size mattress (replaced because I've got too thin for a firm mattress) and are in London I've got one that's about to go to the charity shop in decent condition.

Gozogozo Mon 17-Aug-15 19:33:28

3" one good. Don't go for a 2" one, not nearly as effective.
You can get slight seconds ones on amazon quite cheaply, prob ebay as well. They're manufacturer's seconds, not used. I have bought them for car based holidays, taken them rolled up tight in the boot & discarded if short of room on the return journey, so can be very cheap but effective.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now